http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-23-2011, 04:51

Default Question about lining clips, and baking bows :)

I have a few questions about prefrences! First of all, what size ribbon do you use to line an alligator clip? Secondly, for 4" and 4" bows, do you use alligator clips or french clips? Can you buy multiple sized french clips at Sallys? Ive only bought the main size, but was wondering what you guys attached bigger bows to. Third question, I know some of you prefer to bake your bows some do not.. How would one go about this? I would assume you starch it first, but at what temp and for how long? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! I really do appreciate it!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51

Default Re: Question about lining clips, and baking bows :)

I dont bake as I find the crease and sewing of my bows keep them perky and dont starch.

As far as clips go, I used to do the larger bows on french clips but have found the vast majority of my customers prefer alligator clips so I only do the french clips via special order. If I sell on etsy, I ask them to request types of clips.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
I dont bake as I find the crease and sewing of my bows keep them perky and dont starch.

As far as clips go, I used to do the larger bows on french clips but have found the vast majority of my customers prefer alligator clips so I only do the french clips via special order. If I sell on etsy, I ask them to request types of clips.
I just saw that you made a post!! Welcome back!! You may have been around now for awhile but I just noticed!!! Hope you are doing well.

And I used to bake bows alot but after i've been making them for while I dont see it to be necessary. i may ise some starch from time to time. just depends on if I feel like it needs it or not. as far as clips... I do ally clips. French by request.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaschmoolia View Post
I just saw that you made a post!! Welcome back!! You may have been around now for awhile but I just noticed!!! Hope you are doing well.
Nope Jules I have been praying about coming back and realized one thing that brought me joy was to help others in our craft excell so I am here. so today is my first day back.

I am doing ok...not great but ok
Old 01-23-2011, 05:59

Quote:
Nope Jules I have been praying about coming back and realized one thing that brought me joy was to help others in our craft excell so I am here. so today is my first day back.

I am doing ok...not great but ok
Well I'm glad you are back! love your work and all your expert advise!!

Old 01-23-2011, 05:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaschmoolia View Post
Well I'm glad you are back! love your work and all your expert advise!!
thanks Julia, I am humbled by your kind words
Old 01-23-2011, 06:01

I do not strach or bake, and I too only use alligator clips.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:02

Quote:
thanks Julia, I am humbled by your kind words

Glad to see your back too! Love all your advice! Hope things get better soon!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg