http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-24-2011, 05:19

Default Re: How do I make these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
LoL @ exact science!

Thanks 3B ~
NP I pretty much wing it all the time, directions seem to confuzalize me waaaay to easily
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
here are some pics on how I do them, I do them the same way with more spikes and just using more colors and patterns

Excuse my messy glass from all the clip lining I do (I wholesale them and looks like it was a black ribbon cutting day lol)

then I just add the bow

and whatever other elements I need and.....

Wow, these are all great looking bows. I wish mine looked like these, I watched a tutorial on how to make the bows last night and I think I got them down just mine dont have the gap as far apart in the middle.
Do you put the thread down through the hole first and then wrapped around all the spikes?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewEssentials View Post
Wow, these are all great looking bows. I wish mine looked like these, I watched a tutorial on how to make the bows last night and I think I got them down just mine dont have the gap as far apart in the middle.
Do you put the thread down through the hole first and then wrapped around all the spikes?

right, they wont until you finish the middle with the ribbon

ETA I have been making bows for 7 yrs so I have had a LOT of practice and really, that is what it takes....nothing expensive, just time
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
I have to wear all white underwear just to make it easier to get dressed in the morning. .

OMG, I just had to at this.... I used to buy underwear to match all my shirts, etc... if it didnt match I wouldnt wear it or buy it haha! I have since passed this horrible trait onto my girls... they always complain when I pick out clothes and they have already grabbed clean undies and for ex: they had clothes from the gymbo prep school(apples for those that arent obsessed like I am) and I give them gymbo puppy panties or unicorns... lol! oh, and same with socks haha!!

ok.. done with the derail!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:47

Quote:
right, they wont until you finish the middle with the ribbon

ETA I have been making bows for 7 yrs so I have had a LOT of practice and really, that is what it takes....nothing expensive, just time

Okay, I will have to finish it then to see if mine look like yours(well the gap anyways LOL) Now I dont have a word burning tool..do you think that I could just put the thread down through the middle with the needle and then wrap it around and still get the same effect or do I need to have that hole in the center?

And do you happen to know how to make the bows or know the names of the bows in the pictures that I have attached so I can do a search on a tut? In the first picture I just like how the top pink on is made...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 167122_120694928001171_100001819923523_142963_4799645_n.jpg (61.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg jjjjj.jpg (53.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg untitledhhh.jpg (95.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewEssentials View Post
Okay, I will have to finish it then to see if mine look like yours(well the gap anyways LOL) Now I dont have a word burning tool..do you think that I could just put the thread down through the middle with the needle and then wrap it around and still get the same effect or do I need to have that hole in the center?

And do you happen to know how to make the bows or know the names of the bows in the pictures that I have attached so I can do a search on a tut? In the first picture I just like how the top pink on is made...
I dont know about the other bows at all

Yes you can do it without a woodburner but they are cheap and worth it. With the burner, the layers all stay in place....so just a thought
Old 01-28-2011, 01:36

Alison, glad to see you are back. You always have such helpful information to share. Haven't given the stacked bows a try yet. They are on my really really long list of items I want to try some day. Maybe this is the year I get to that.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:46

Quote:
ETA ~ thanks for the compliment

LOL.....I can see that, there is a science to it. My mom is a fantastic seamstress but cannot sew without a pattern, I cant sew WITH one but I can sew some stuff that ppl really love....my mom can be precise enough to quilt but has trouble picking fabrics....we all have our gifts.....WHAT IS YOURS (obviously not picking out undies) ......go with your gift!!
I've never thought about using the stove to get them in the right poistion! This is genius! I normally just use a pin and then sew through them... Also, does your mom quilt for a business or hobby? (or both. Hehe) I want to get in contact with someone to make a toddler quilt.... Think she'd be interested?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif