Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-24-2011, 06:53

Default Re: How do I make these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlessingsBowtique View Post
here are some pics on how I do them, I do them the same way with more spikes and just using more colors and patterns

Excuse my messy glass from all the clip lining I do (I wholesale them and looks like it was a black ribbon cutting day lol)

then I just add the bow

and whatever other elements I need and.....

3blessings, at what point do you make your V cuts? I can see in pic 5 that there seem to be some on the right side, but the others haven't been cut yet. Is it best to make the cuts before or after you put them on the bow?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
3blessings, at what point do you make your V cuts? I can see in pic 5 that there seem to be some on the right side, but the others haven't been cut yet. Is it best to make the cuts before or after you put them on the bow?
SOme people make V-cuts before they put the bow together and some like to do it after it's all completed. I like to do them before because that is how learned in the beginning.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
SOme people make V-cuts before they put the bow together and some like to do it after it's all completed. I like to do them before because that is how learned in the beginning.
I've yet to tackle a bow like this but always wondered if you make the bow to fit the spikes or the spikes to fit the bow?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:45

Quote:
I've yet to tackle a bow like this but always wondered if you make the bow to fit the spikes or the spikes to fit the bow?
I make the spikes to fit the bow. It would be wise to jot down your measurements on a notepad incase you have to go back and use it as a guide.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02

Quote:
I measure them up next to my bow for length then cut them from the roll....I make the v cuts AFTER the bow it put together so that they are the right size AND they are even with eachother.....so I dont have to have it perfect until the bow it all done
Old 01-24-2011, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I make the spikes to fit the bow. It would be wise to jot down your measurements on a notepad incase you have to go back and use it as a guide.
Thanks hon

Quote:
I measure them up next to my bow for length then cut them from the roll....I make the v cuts AFTER the bow it put together so that they are the right size AND they are even with eachother.....so I dont have to have it perfect until the bow it all done
That makes sense. If you put the spikes under the bow, then you can tell if they're too long. But how do you make them even with each other? Just by looking, right? Or is there another way?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:48

Quote:
Thanks hon

That makes sense. If you put the spikes under the bow, then you can tell if they're too long. But how do you make them even with each other? Just by looking, right? Or is there another way?
I do it by looking, just practice...lol sorry my bow making is so not an exact science
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14

Quote:
I do it by looking, just practice...lol sorry my bow making is so not an exact science

Yay!!! Allison's back!

Joanne
Old 01-24-2011, 04:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall52 View Post
Yay!!! Allison's back!

Joanne
awww thanks Jo
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11

Quote:
LoL @ exact science!

Thanks 3B ~