New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-25-2008, 10:02

Default Re: Do you give away items???

Hi
I give them to friends as birthday gifts. I will also give them to friends at cost price if they agree to hand out my business card to anyone who comments on the bow. Free advertising.
Good luck
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 04-25-2008, 10:08

I give away what I want to, and take orders from the rest. I guess I'm alot like Ainsley and give to the moms who have cute girls but don't have a lot of extra $$ to spend on that sort of thing. Really, I'm quite happy and content with what my family has, and I like to help those that need a little 'lift' to their day.

The moms I know with $$ all order from me.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:55

I always give them to my good friend's daughter. Only because my friend helps and sells bows for me at the daycare that she owns. She's also, trying to get a ballet store she goes to to buy wholesale from me too! I love her!

I've given them to my other friend's newborn daughter that works in a dental office. Now all her co-workers want to buy some since they've seen them on her.

I think it's a great way to advertise your bows!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahg View Post
Hi
I will also give them to friends at cost price if they agree to hand out my business card to anyone who comments on the bow.
Smart idea!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:43

Thanks girls ive given only to my cousins daughter. She actually ordered from me and i had a pony streamer that i had made for some one else that then decided they didnt want it. So i gave it to her. She has promised to advertise for me at school and around her neighborhood. I guess its live and learn on this one.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:57

My girlfriend orders ALOT of bows from me (she has 5 girls) so I do give the girls some extra bows

Old 04-25-2008, 02:54

I havent given any away, but Im still new. I have given close friends a discount, knowing they would spread the word. But I let them know theirs is a discount so they dont go around quoting their prices to people.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:36

I give them away as advertising. The DJ for a big radio station I used to listen to (it just recently was taken over and it SUCKS now) was having a baby (his wife was) so I emailed him and asked if I could send a few bows. They were so appreciative and she still orders bows from me often and it was over a year ago that I sent the bows because the baby wasn't even born yet. Anyone I have done that with doesn't expect to not have to pay for them if they want more. When Brynnley was with barely there hair and would have one in, I would have people ask me constantly where I got her bows and sometimes I would keep a few extras in the diaper bag and just give them out if I was asked. She was great advertisement-hehe.

My SIL has me make bows for my niece all the time and even if I just tell her the cost of supplies is OK, she's always offering to pay more because she said if I didn't make them she'd have to buy them for more anyway. I think you'll only get taken advantage of if you let people take advantage of you by giving away free ones.

One thing I will NOT do again is send free ones to someone who emails and asks me for them. I had a lady say she's opening a boutique...blah blah...so I sent her about 3 bows and never heard from her again. I have them in a few boutiques so that's why I didn't think much of it at the time, but now it's unfortunate that there are people like that out there that would lie and steal $3 bows!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_stinkypants_mom View Post
I give them away as advertising. The DJ for a big radio station I used to listen to (it just recently was taken over and it SUCKS now) was having a baby (his wife was) so I emailed him and asked if I could send a few bows. They were so appreciative and she still orders bows from me often and it was over a year ago that I sent the bows because the baby wasn't even born yet. Anyone I have done that with doesn't expect to not have to pay for them if they want more. When Brynnley was with barely there hair and would have one in, I would have people ask me constantly where I got her bows and sometimes I would keep a few extras in the diaper bag and just give them out if I was asked. She was great advertisement-hehe.

My SIL has me make bows for my niece all the time and even if I just tell her the cost of supplies is OK, she's always offering to pay more because she said if I didn't make them she'd have to buy them for more anyway. I think you'll only get taken advantage of if you let people take advantage of you by giving away free ones.

One thing I will NOT do again is send free ones to someone who emails and asks me for them. I had a lady say she's opening a boutique...blah blah...so I sent her about 3 bows and never heard from her again. I have them in a few boutiques so that's why I didn't think much of it at the time, but now it's unfortunate that there are people like that out there that would lie and steal $3 bows!
I agree entirely!

By the way, one of my daycare moms is a huge fan of yours and has purchased MANY of your bows!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:32

Aww. great! Another thing I'm going to do that I forgot to mention is that I offer coupon codes on my blog every once in awhile, but I also designed a post card from vista print to send to some of my customers who buy from me all of the time. I'm a big kid at heart and even though I'm the one that usually has to spend the money, when a pkg comes to my door I can't wait to open it-lol! So, I figured that people would really appreciate it. I just raised my prices not too long ago, so I just look at it that even with the coupon code, they won't be any less than what I did have them at, so I think people will really enjoy getting that in the mail w/o knowing it's coming!
Sponsored Links