key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-21-2011, 11:16

Default Re: what do ya think??

I totally understand wanting a sale and wanting happy customers. But, sounds like she wants something for nothing. I am not the best with prices, but I think $4 each sounds like a good price for an order of only 12 bows. IF you did discount, maybe do something like buy 11 get the 12 free - saving her $4 total and getting you $3.66 each. And, yes, she saves shipping if she picks them up - no additional discount.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-21-2011, 11:16
ahaygood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmomma View Post
i was thinking about telling them they could mix in different ribbon, but had to be same style to get them to x amount to get a 10% discount. then how do you do it just do 10% off the whole order not each bow??
yes the whole order... But $4. is cheap and unless she is buying more.. I wouldnt give her a discount.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26

yeah i told her 4 for it and that was when she was just buying one. and it was durring my comment game so she kinda caught me off gaurd since i hadnt listed this bow/size & i just had 2 of these sitting here and i wanted to see what the ladies thought of them so now i think i scewed myself...lol i guess i could just tell her $4 is the sale price and normally they will be $5.
it started out that she was going to meet me to pick up just one and take it back to show the dance group and then she ended up tagging it to all the ladies & now she has the 12 orders for them....

i feel my prices are way way cheap anyways and then i know she will want me to drive the 11 miles to meet her which i did last time & will only go if i have to get groceries or something. but damn im not going to make anything off this.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29

Quote:
yeah i told her 4 for it and that was when she was just buying one. and it was durring my comment game so she kinda caught me off gaurd since i hadnt listed this bow/size & i just had 2 of these sitting here and i wanted to see what the ladies thought of them so now i think i scewed myself...lol i guess i could just tell her $4 is the sale price and normally they will be $5.
it started out that she was going to meet me to pick up just one and take it back to show the dance group and then she ended up tagging it to all the ladies & now she has the 12 orders for them....

i feel my prices are way way cheap anyways and then i know she will want me to drive the 11 miles to meet her which i did last time & will only go if i have to get groceries or something. but damn im not going to make anything off this.
i just wouldnt give her anymore of a discount and meet up with her she will basically be getting them free.....

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29

This is a good time to write down some personal rules about what you're willing to sell your items for. Make a chart that is either for a percentage off number of bows ordered or off the dollar total. You'll have people ask for a discount but just because you don't give them one doesn't mean they won't order anyway. Some who get a discount will want to see what else they can get for nothing :0( Stick to your guns about what you are willing to sell these for.

She sounds like she may be one of those customers you really DON'T want and you'll find her money isn't worth your time/stress.

2% of your customers will take up 98% of your time. She may be your 2%.

(And if she comes back in the future wanting this deal again, tell her it was a first-time customer discount).
Old 01-21-2011, 11:42

i think ill just tell her that its $4 each for 20 bows and ill meet her to get them so shes saving shipping if she goes 21+ bows ill do $3.75 a bow... i already told her i price low and i really cant do to much of a discount. =( i mean thats quite a bit of ribbon and its not really that cheap.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12

I wouldn't discount them more the what you already told her unless she ups the order big time...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:17

ok so i just told her that i really couldnt lower it anymore and she said that they all thought $4 was a GREAT price and that would be fine she said she just asked about it cause i had said something about it... i told her i meant if SHE ordered then i might have thrown in a snall free bow....lol so all is good. now to pray that i can still find this darn ribbon cause i just relized im totally out!!! O_o so my luck!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:37

Quote:

If it was during your comment game, you could always tell her the things you sell during the games are already at a discounted price. I would tell her normal price is $6 rather than $5 because like you said, your prices ARE super cheap. I'm very bad myself when it comes to pricing and always think people will think I'm trying to pay my mortgage with the price of one bow (not literally, obviously!) so I never charge enough. Lately though I have been finding my time is very valuable and it needs to be accounted for. So stop undercutting yourself.

Quote:
i think ill just tell her that its $4 each for 20 bows and ill meet her to get them so shes saving shipping if she goes 21+ bows ill do $3.75 a bow... i already told her i price low and i really cant do to much of a discount. =( i mean thats quite a bit of ribbon and its not really that cheap.
Thinking more about it, I wouldn't go any higher than a 15% discount unless she (or anyone) orders 60 bows or more. Maybe something like
1-19, 5% discount
20-39, 10%
40-59, 15%
60+, 20%

Maybe someone else can add their thoughts on the discount thing.... Definitely have a policy in place that way everyone is treated equal and you don't forget that your time is valuable!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvstarz2001 View Post
If it was during your comment game, you could always tell her the things you sell during the games are already at a discounted price. I would tell her normal price is $6 rather than $5 because like you said, your prices ARE super cheap. I'm very bad myself when it comes to pricing and always think people will think I'm trying to pay my mortgage with the price of one bow (not literally, obviously!) so I never charge enough. Lately though I have been finding my time is very valuable and it needs to be accounted for. So stop undercutting yourself.

Thinking more about it, I wouldn't go any higher than a 15% discount unless she (or anyone) orders 60 bows or more. Maybe something like
1-19, 5% discount
20-39, 10%
40-59, 15%
60+, 20%

Maybe someone else can add their thoughts on the discount thing.... Definitely have a policy in place that way everyone is treated equal and you don't forget that your time is valuable!

thank you so very much!!! i really love this group cause you guys are always there to help out!!! lol now i just have to pray that i can find this ribbon again...
Sponsored Links