Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-21-2011, 06:55

Default Re: rate my twisteds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFrontbum View Post
Lol when I just read this I was worried bree would pull the loops apart the wrong way.

You did it the right way though, it looks fab now.

I've used the Craft Smart fabric stiffener from spotlight, bree. I dilute it with water in a spray bottle. It's almost like spraying light pva glue on them and they go really stiff. I'm guessing with more water they'd be less stiff. Depends how 'hard' you want them, I'm not even really sure how stiff they are supposed to be.

I used the word stiff way too many times in this post.
lol...you did but it made me laugh!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 07:01

This isn't a scientific term or anything, but the ones I just got from Justdaisy are pretty stiff.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFrontbum View Post
Lol when I just read this I was worried bree would pull the loops apart the wrong way.

You did it the right way though, it looks fab now.

I've used the Craft Smart fabric stiffener from spotlight, bree. I dilute it with water in a spray bottle. It's almost like spraying light pva glue on them and they go really stiff. I'm guessing with more water they'd be less stiff. Depends how 'hard' you want them, I'm not even really sure how stiff they are supposed to be.

I used the word stiff way too many times in this post.
Got something on the mind do we? lol

Maybe we should use the term....'firm'....lol
Old 01-21-2011, 07:45

They look good, but you need to pull the loops apart more

When I make mine before I tie the loops are pulled so far apart the left loops are touching the right loops and it just looks rediculous, once it is tied, I think they look perfect... thats all that matters right?

Krista
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hat and bow.jpg (73.0 KB, 50 views)
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezzamagoo View Post
Got something on the mind do we? lol

Maybe we should use the term....'firm'....lol
lol...
Old 01-21-2011, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezzamagoo View Post
I know there has been a lot of 'twisted' help lately on the forum and I decided to give it another go today after getting the shits with it last night...

SO.....

The bow on the left is my first (old) bow and the one of the left is the one I did today....I just feel there is something that I'm not doing right. These aren't starched or anything yet so maybe that would make a difference?

Would really love some pointers, advice or just comments...
Quote:
Originally Posted by khofkamp View Post
They look good, but you need to pull the loops apart more

When I make mine before I tie the loops are pulled so far apart the left loops are touching the right loops and it just looks rediculous, once it is tied, I think they look perfect... thats all that matters right?

Krista
Check your sewing cuz on yours you have two "bumps" and on Krista's she has three "bumps", that might make a difference. HTH.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
Check your sewing cuz on yours you have two "bumps" and on Krista's she has three "bumps", that might make a difference. HTH.
I have thought that. But I am making a tiny bow with 5/8" ribbon and not sure if three bumps would be possible?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:16

I think the red one you adjusted the loops on looks good. As far as starching, I use to use a regular clothing starch and bake it for a few minutes. However, I just discovered the hairspray method and I love how stiff it makes the bow. Just spray the bow and blow dry it for a few seconds.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:28

I think the two most important things in the twisted bow is the angle and the folds when it's tied off. Do you use needle and thread or do you just tie it off? I know everyone uses a different method. For me, I had a very hard time with this bow too until I changed the way I tied off the bow. I use a GatorBite which I personally thinks helps a lot with the crease and the folds when it's tied off. I use floss and when I tie it off, I make sure to tie it off towards the back so that the bow crease is more like an "M" as opposed to a "W". Hope that makes sense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bow.jpg (3.0 KB, 72 views)
Old 01-21-2011, 12:16

Looks good, I think your getting close!
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies