New products--Rainbow dot 3/8' grosgrain ribbon

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-20-2011, 08:38
Default Bottle cap help

I made bottle caps with ET lite and mixed it for two minutes like it said and then poured it into the cap. I blew the bubbles away initially and then came back three or four times in the next 25 mintues to blow to bubbles off the top as another post had instructed. I still ended up with a bunch of bottle caps with air bubbles in them in the morning and some that were less then clear. Can someone please advise me what I might be doing wrong. I used gorilla glue to glue the photo bc images into the caps and then poured the resin over them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mom 2 4 great kids! Group buys: 3" Sequin Bow Appliques, 2 and 3" satin mesh flowers, and printed Fold over elastic
Sponsored Links
ecommerce web hosting
Old 01-20-2011, 09:43
Default Re: Bottle cap help

i use a lighter to pop the bubbles or a mini blow torch
Old 01-20-2011, 10:20

ET is very touchy. Might be too cold, or not mix right if you didn't use exact proportions. it will also yellow in about a year or so because it is made for wood items, not jewelry.
Curly Girls Designs...because hair deserves flair!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:54

I had the same problem when I first started....I bought a sticker maker to stick the pictures on the bottlecap and i bought a clear glaze at HL for like $5 and i put 3 thin lines across the image and then use a paint brush to brush the glaze over the image evenly and ever since i started doing that my images dont run and i have no air bubbles
Old 01-21-2011, 04:02

I use ET Lite and rarely get bubbles after the initial bubble popping. It may be that air is getting under your image and coming through as it sits for a longer period of time. I personally use the Xyron sticker make to adhere to bottle cap and then I use Mod Podge and do a line of glue around the edge of the image only to prevent air or resin to get underneath the image. You may try that and see how it works? You will figure out what works best for you and then you will speed through them. I remember the trial and error period of bottle caps and there is a light at the end of the!
Sponsored Links

bottle cap help, bottle caps, et lite, resin