New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-20-2011, 12:50

Default Re: Does it ever get easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
LOL.....take it out of there and take it apart. You can fix it.
LOL! Well, maybe. I'm sooo tired of ripping ribbon apart!

(you make me laugh!)
Old 01-20-2011, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
LOL! Well, maybe. I'm sooo tired of ripping ribbon apart!

(you make me laugh!)
I remember getting frustrated with my first bows that I would just throw them away. Thank goodness it was cheap ribbon I started with.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbOFRvZin4
Try watching this video . . . it's really the only thing that helped me and I just started making them 2 weeks ago! Some additional steps that I take are: I take an alligator clip and clip the back 2 layers of ribbon that are supposed to stay in a horizontal position (if you use double prongs there should be a prong on each side of the pin) I also stick the pin into something such as my couch to keep it from shifting around! I hope that helps! Good Luck!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:28

Quote:
I remember getting frustrated with my first bows that I would just throw them away. Thank goodness it was cheap ribbon I started with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa's Bows View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcbOFRvZin4
Try watching this video . . . it's really the only thing that helped me and I just started making them 2 weeks ago! Some additional steps that I take are: I take an alligator clip and clip the back 2 layers of ribbon that are supposed to stay in a horizontal position (if you use double prongs there should be a prong on each side of the pin) I also stick the pin into something such as my couch to keep it from shifting around! I hope that helps! Good Luck!
Thanks girls.. I like that you're looking out for us "newbie bow makers" ! I'll take all the help I can get
Old 01-20-2011, 01:58

I think ronnie needs to make a tut. Looks like her method is quick and turns out perfect!

Linda
Old 01-20-2011, 07:28

I won't make a tut because it takes too much time. I just like to help those that are willing to take corrective criticism to improve their work. If you want to get better at what you do then I am more than happy to help you. If you show me a bow I will be very honest with you and tell you where you may need improvement. I would love for you to be able to get it right. It is a great feeling to be able to master the TBB. After that you can come up with own personal technique of making it.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02

Quote:
I won't make a tut because it takes too much time. I just like to help those that are willing to take corrective criticism to improve their work. If you want to get better at what you do then I am more than happy to help you. If you show me a bow I will be very honest with you and tell you where you may need improvement. I would love for you to be able to get it right. It is a great feeling to be able to master the TBB. After that you can come up with own personal technique of making it.
you rock
Old 01-20-2011, 10:43

Thanks for the pictures. They help me the most.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38

Do you have any tips for the 2 layers of ribbon bows? I have so much trouble pulling up the thread with them. Also do you cut your ribbon or just work off the spool? Id love to be able to make a bow like yours. Im also glad my sister isnt picky. I for sure will not let her see the bows on here.

Linda
Old 01-20-2011, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaton View Post
Do you have any tips for the 2 layers of ribbon bows? I have so much trouble pulling up the thread with them. Also do you cut your ribbon or just work off the spool? Id love to be able to make a bow like yours. Im also glad my sister isnt picky. I for sure will not let her see the bows on here.

Linda
Your needle should go through the two layers of ribbon just fine. Are you putting an adhesive on your ribbon to keep the layers together?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg