http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-19-2011, 08:25

Default Re: turn a tshirt into a dress

Me too, thats why its so hard for me to explain things in words. I'll try again: On one side of the tshirt, cut a small slit in the hem. Just big enough to thread a piece of ribbon through. You could probably use 5/8", maybe 7/8". Thread it all the way around the tshirts hem. I used a safety pin to thread it around the shirt. When it comes out the other side you tie it to tighten the shirt and you have a little bow hanging on the side. Is that better? Wish I could draw you a pic or had a pic of the one I did like that before. HTH!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
Me too, thats why its so hard for me to explain things in words. I'll try again: On one side of the tshirt, cut a small slit in the hem. Just big enough to thread a piece of ribbon through. You could probably use 5/8", maybe 7/8". Thread it all the way around the tshirts hem. I used a safety pin to thread it around the shirt. When it comes out the other side you tie it to tighten the shirt and you have a little bow hanging on the side. Is that better? Wish I could draw you a pic or had a pic of the one I did like that before. HTH!!
Sounds cute!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
Totally get it now!!! Might try that first! Thank you
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42

This idea sounds super cute! And if it's not long enough to be a dress you could put some cute leggings under it! Id love to see pictures when youre done!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:59

I would just take it in. Get a T-shirt that fits her. Turn the t-shirt to be take in inside out. Lay the t-shirt that fits her on top. Mark where it needs to be taken in. Make sure to add in a seam allowance. Then take it in, hem the bottom if needed. Goodluck!!
~Janet~ Bow Hobbyist, retired WAHM.... When we move out of the way and give the Lord room to stand in our lives He will glorify Himself in us ~Isaiah 60:13
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2my3ks View Post
I would just take it in. Get a T-shirt that fits her. Turn the t-shirt to be take in inside out. Lay the t-shirt that fits her on top. Mark where it needs to be taken in. Make sure to add in a seam allowance. Then take it in, hem the bottom if needed. Goodluck!!
I am not at all a seamstress...I am scared to ruin it!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29

I did this out of one of my old shirts for my DD. I used this tut. I am not expert trust me! You just have to do it. It is a lot easier said than done though. I shared this in another thread. HTH
http://thismamamakesstuff.com/2010/1...s-for-the-boy/
DSC_0661.jpg
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif