http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-19-2011, 01:09

Default Re: Can anbody make these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbennett04 View Post
I am in love with these ruffled singed fabric flowers!! I want some so badly!! They look like they are ruffled. These are the prettiest ones I have seen so far!! If anyone can make these PLEASE send me a PM or reply!!!!! If you have pictures of your work that would be great too!!
Look at te close-ups!!!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66018521...-yellow-fabric

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66018201...ic-flower-with
i saw a tut on youtube w/ circles and scalloped circles cut from dies and then the lady used her heat gun to singe them. looked similar to these. very cute.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-19-2011, 03:47

I make these for me and my daughter! And we wear them on foe headbands like twinkies lol. What you need to do is start off by making several circles out of a silk or satin like material make 5-7 circles each one smaller than the next, and the what I do is I light a candle, any candle will do, and hold the back end of the material (not the edge, the back side od the ends if this makes sense lol) over the flame and it will start to crinkle and kinda move inward like a flower...be super careful because it is so easy to get smokey looking flowers if your in a big hurry....and theeeeeen use some glue or a needle and thread and put the pieces together, from largest to smallest, and embellish with a cluster of rhinestones or pearls!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlitZNGiggleZ
Old 01-19-2011, 06:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyL View Post
I used a satin-like fabric and when I made the circles large, they were really floppy and wouldn't stand up, if that makes sense. When I made them smaller it was fine. But larger was flimsy. These look sturdy. What kind of fabric works best for the larger flowers?
you kinda answered your own ? - lol! look for a sturdier fabric . . . i recently bought a fabric that's light grey shimmery on one side and solid black on the other and it has good body (not flimsy/droopy like satin) . . . and it works great!

but . . . the downside is that when you get out of the satin fabrics, it gets pricey. this one store let me test the "burn" quality of the fabrics on a scrap piece before i bought it . . . of course, i had to go out of the store to try it!

i use this fabric on the bottom/biggest layers and then mix others as i near the top.

i also sew 2-3 layers together at a time . . . and make a "X" stitch to lightly gather . . . then add 2/3 more layers on. it gives it a bit more dimension, if you like that look. but others, the flat circle is just as nice.

Last edited by prleaf; 01-19-2011 at 06:44.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danie_Edwards View Post
I make these for me and my daughter! And we wear them on foe headbands like twinkies lol. What you need to do is start off by making several circles out of a silk or satin like material make 5-7 circles each one smaller than the next, and the what I do is I light a candle, any candle will do, and hold the back end of the material (not the edge, the back side od the ends if this makes sense lol) over the flame and it will start to crinkle and kinda move inward like a flower...be super careful because it is so easy to get smokey looking flowers if your in a big hurry....and theeeeeen use some glue or a needle and thread and put the pieces together, from largest to smallest, and embellish with a cluster of rhinestones or pearls!
just wondering . . . have you tried the soy candles? i was thinking of buying one just for this & they say there's less/no smoke.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:07

Those are so beautiful! I am going to try and make those this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:10

I've been wanting to try these...I have only made the ones out of organza and lace.

Good Luck!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:30

I bought some fabric a few minutes ago! Im gonna try it for my first time!!! Ill post pictures of how they turn out!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37

those are beautiful!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:54

Love them. I wish I could make them. Thanks to those that posted tips. I might give these a try.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
you kinda answered your own ? - lol! look for a sturdier fabric . . . i recently bought a fabric that's light grey shimmery on one side and solid black on the other and it has good body (not flimsy/droopy like satin) . . . and it works great!

but . . . the downside is that when you get out of the satin fabrics, it gets pricey. this one store let me test the "burn" quality of the fabrics on a scrap piece before i bought it . . . of course, i had to go out of the store to try it!

i use this fabric on the bottom/biggest layers and then mix others as i near the top.

i also sew 2-3 layers together at a time . . . and make a "X" stitch to lightly gather . . . then add 2/3 more layers on. it gives it a bit more dimension, if you like that look. but others, the flat circle is just as nice.
Okay, will look for sturdier fabric. I guess as long as it is polyester it should burn/singe. Thanks.

Has anyone tried singeing taffeta? Wonder if that will work.l
Sponsored Links