http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 09:46
babesnbugsmommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: virginia beach, VA
Posts: 491
Default dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

I had a special request for a fire blowing dragon ribbon sculpture and quite honestly im not sure where to even start with this one has anyone ever done a dragon or have any ideas ive searched here and etsy and havent found anything she swears she saw one somewhere i would love to find a pic or even be willing to pay for a tut im jut kinda at a loss with this and since the customer happens to be my niece i really want to come up with something TIA
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 329
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

I have never done a dragon or seen one either, but I did just recently post a stegosauras that I made... I don't know maybe this pic may inspire you somehow..lol.. Maybe you could cut out a side profile of it's face and cut out fire/??? Sorry, I probably didn't help, but I tried!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (62.5 KB, 72 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14
scrapintwinmama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,537
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addis Mom View Post
I have never done a dragon or seen one either, but I did just recently post a stegosauras that I made... I don't know maybe this pic may inspire you somehow..lol.. Maybe you could cut out a side profile of it's face and cut out fire/??? Sorry, I probably didn't help, but I tried!!

that is the cutest thing EVER!!!!


when I saw the fire breathing dragon part all that comes to mind is the green dragon pete's dragon lol! maybe like a weave type? Im sure someone can help .. sorry i wasnt more of a help
__________________
Tara
If I owe you feedback let me know!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23
preciosaybella's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 91
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

That dino is super cute!

I'm a newbie so I'm probably not going to be much help. What if you used the 3-D Turtle sculpture and tried using that as the body and legs. Not sure about the head but the fire could be yellow and red ric-rac!

You'd have to work with it so the sculpture isn't belly down on the clippie like the turtle but up right.

I don't know...I thought maybe it would at least be thought provoking and lead you somewhere!
__________________
~Ana
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:25
babesnbugsmommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: virginia beach, VA
Posts: 491
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addis Mom View Post
I have never done a dragon or seen one either, but I did just recently post a stegosauras that I made... I don't know maybe this pic may inspire you somehow..lol.. Maybe you could cut out a side profile of it's face and cut out fire/??? Sorry, I probably didn't help, but I tried!!
thanks for trying any ideas are helpful and that stegosaurus is so adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapintwinmama View Post
that is the cutest thing EVER!!!!


when I saw the fire breathing dragon part all that comes to mind is the green dragon pete's dragon lol! maybe like a weave type? Im sure someone can help .. sorry i wasnt more of a help
haha that was the first thing that came to my mind to when she said it I was also thinking of a weave i will just have to play with it but if i do come up with something i promise to share
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:29
scrapintwinmama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,537
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnbabesmommy View Post
thanks for trying any ideas are helpful and that stegosaurus is so adorable


haha that was the first thing that came to my mind to when she said it I was also thinking of a weave i will just have to play with it but if i do come up with something i promise to share

YES please share!!
__________________
Tara
If I owe you feedback let me know!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 10:38
babesnbugsmommy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: virginia beach, VA
Posts: 491
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciosaybella View Post
That dino is super cute!

I'm a newbie so I'm probably not going to be much help. What if you used the 3-D Turtle sculpture and tried using that as the body and legs. Not sure about the head but the fire could be yellow and red ric-rac!

You'd have to work with it so the sculpture isn't belly down on the clippie like the turtle but up right.

I don't know...I thought maybe it would at least be thought provoking and lead you somewhere!
that sounds like a great place to start and i love making my turtles so def something to play around with i may use ribbon spikes or even korker for the fire not sure just yet
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07
Pirate_Smiles's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,014
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnbabesmommy View Post
that sounds like a great place to start and i love making my turtles so def something to play around with i may use ribbon spikes or even korker for the fire not sure just yet

OOOH 1/4inch or 1/8 korked would look super cute as fire! I can only picture the chinese dragon in my head right now- with a long wavy tail with the arrow on the end. Sorry no help.
__________________
Tracy Ann
Don't work for free under the guise of good exposure. It is bad exposure. If you don't value your own work, neither will anyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18
k2p1e's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Small town no where
Posts: 1,581
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

What about doing a spin off an alligator? I think I have seen an alligatore ribbon culpture before...you could turn that into a drago easy peasy
__________________
Carla

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2011, 11:47
elly760's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 1,436
Default Re: dragon ribbon sculpture? any ideas

does she want a cutesy dragon or the fire breathing looking dragon?
__________________
Martha
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
dragon ribbon sculpture

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


new products--pop dot diy pinwheel bows

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/no-liner-bottle-cap-combo.jpg

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-soft-ball.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-dizzy-bees-ribbon-grosgrain-combo-.JPG
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/ladybug-applique-red-dot.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/half-wrapped%2050mm-snap-clips.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/flat-back-pearl-shpk.JPG

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger