http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-15-2011, 10:08

Default Advice on Cheer Bows - Best tut, angle to attach barrette, size etc.

Hi Ladies - I would like to try making cheer bows and thought I'd ask your advice on : 1) the best tutorial 2) normal sizing (width and tail length) 3) what type and size of barrette or pony o to use 4) If you need to attach them to the barrett at an angle - or how you get them to stand up the way they do 5) Any other tips you think might be helpful. An enormous thank you to anyone who responds - thanks for your time and help!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2011, 11:41

Default Re: Advice on Cheer Bows - Best tut, angle to attach barrette, size etc.

Best instructions- nobownogo.com I attach mine to pony o's only because most cheer squads don't allow any metal.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:26

Default Re: Advice on Cheer Bows - Best tut, angle to attach barrette, size etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi Ladies - I would like to try making cheer bows and thought I'd ask your advice on : 1) the best tutorial 2) normal sizing (width and tail length) 3) what type and size of barrette or pony o to use 4) If you need to attach them to the barrett at an angle - or how you get them to stand up the way they do 5) Any other tips you think might be helpful. An enormous thank you to anyone who responds - thanks for your time and help!!!

1. Best Tutorial is No Bow No Go
2. 7" or 8" across with 6" tails
3. Definately use a pony o. No metal is allowed on most competitive cheer squads.
4. To get a cheer bow to stand up, you need to place the ponytail of the cheerleader in the center of her head. (she will look like a unicorn)
5. There are lots of great tips within in this forum. Run a search under cheer bows, sequin ribbon, cheer bow care, etc. It should pull up a bunch of great information.

When all else fails, ask one of the lovely ladies on the forum. We are all here to help! GOOD LUCK!

Ann

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 01-16-2011, 10:59

I wanna try my hand at these. Just kinda scared to. From the sequin fabric to all the heatnbond.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasbowtique View Post
I wanna try my hand at these. Just kinda scared to. From the sequin fabric to all the heatnbond.
Get the instructions and give it a try. After a few bows you will have the hang of it and won't want to stop. There are tips in the instructions and also tips on her yahoo group. Plus as mentioned already a ton of helpful tips and ladies on here!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:30

I'd pick up the NBNG tut, and practice with that until you are pretty comfortable. Gmcks pretty much has the other ques answered. My best advice is practice, practice, practice folding and tying your bows, don't get ahead of yourself, and be patient: with yourself, your efforts, and with the ladies on this forum. Many are more than willing to help, but always try a search first, they may have just answered a ques about cheer bows or fabric or whatever a week or so ago, and may not have the time to re-post or answer right away. The newbie files on here give a huge list of links for supplies, etc. Good luck, you will find just about every ques you have already answered if you search the ribbon forum under "cheer bows".
Don't sweat it too much, we all started somewhere!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:04

Thanks for the tips. I am only interested in the simple bows for my grand-daughter. At least I know there are many different types, and everyone is very helpful.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:08

I think I'll break down and get the instructions. I know I will be hit up for them come football time and would love to be able to say yes I can make those!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:46

Thank you... been looking into this.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies