New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-15-2011, 08:03

Default ribbon candies

Thanks to all that liked my idea and creation! Please feel free to use my instructions but PLEASE do not sell them off as your own in a tut! thanks!!

Step 1: take small foam ball and cut in half, I use my wood burning tool to do this. I tried a serragated knive but it made too much mess! I use the tip in the picture. If you go slow u can achieve to cut it in half and use both halves, it takes a little practice.

Step 2: cut 3 strands of 3/8 ribbon about 20 inches and heat seal the ends. Then glue each strand on top of each other and braid it. Once you get towards the end and can no longer braid secure it with a straight pin or you can sew it, I just secure it.

Step 3: glue the heat sealed side of the braid to the middle of the foam 'ball'

Step 4: place a small dap of glue and wrap the braid around the glued section
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (20.8 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (112.9 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (56.0 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (64.0 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg 031.jpg (47.0 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by elly760; 01-16-2011 at 06:45.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:08

Default Re: ribbon candies

they are gorgeous!! thanks for sharing!!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:09

Step 5: continue to glue and wrap until you get to the end. DO NOT CUT OFF THE EXCESS BRAID OR IT WILL UNRAVEL!

Step 6: bring the excess braid towards the back and glue

Step 7: if you have a wood burning tool use it to cut off the excess, this will also heat seal it and avoid BOTH ends from unraveling. If you do not have a heat tool then sew the ends before you cut them and then heat seal. Once the excess has been cut off glue the remaining end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (63.7 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg 037.jpg (63.9 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg 039.jpg (50.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg 045.jpg (49.3 KB, 167 views)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:21

Thank you for sharing that with everyone!!! That was very generous of you.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:23

Step 8: cut tulle (color choice is up to you, I use white for most of my candies) about 4.5 inches by 3.5 inches.

Step 9: place a small dab of glue to the middle back of the 'candy' and place tulle in the middle of it. Doesn't have to be exact but make sure that you have enough tulle on each side to later twist off! After wrap the tulle around the 'candy' till you meet with the back again and glue.

Step 10: take a needle and thread and sew a 'straight' line as close as possible to the 'candy'. Once you have reached the end of the tulle pull thread through and wrap around the tulle a couple of times before tying off and cutting. Repeat for the other side. This creates the 'twist' in your candy

Step 11: you can use premade petite bows, I make my own. Either way take one and place it on the 'twist' part of the candy to hide your handywork.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 047.jpg (109.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 049.jpg (119.1 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg 050.jpg (114.3 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 051.jpg (95.4 KB, 258 views)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24

Step 12: cut your ends to make them even and viola you have your candy! you can place it on a clippie OR you can take 3 or 4 and place them on a headband

Feel free to ask any questions if my instructions make no sense! Sorry this is my first tut that I make!! And please post your pictures showing off your work!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 054.jpg (101.5 KB, 269 views)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly760 View Post
Step 8: cut tulle (color choice is up to you, I use white for most of my candies) about 4.5 inches by 3.5 inches.

Step 9: place a small dab of glue to the middle back of the 'candy' and place tulle in the middle of it. Doesn't have to be exact but make sure that you have enough tulle on each side to later twist off! After wrap the tulle around the 'candy' till you meet with the back again and glue.

Step 10: take a needle and thread and sew a 'straight' line as close as possible to the 'candy'. Once you have reached the end of the tulle pull thread through and wrap around the tulle a couple of times before tying off and cutting. Repeat for the other side. This creates the 'twist' in your candy

Step 11: you can use premade petite bows, I make my own. Either way take one and place it on the 'twist' part of the candy to hide your handywork.

you are completely awesome for sharing this!!! and so quickly!!! thank you ladybug!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:40

Thanks for sharing your candies are super cute.!!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42

These are too cute!! THANKS! Where can I find the foam balls?

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 01-15-2011, 08:43

i buy mine at HL
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies

Tags
bow, candy, ribbon