New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-10-2011, 04:38

Default Feather pads for babies - what do you think?

Ok, one of my new stores would like some foe headbands with a whole nagorie feather pad and a fabric rosette on them, for babies. So....having only used the feather pads for metal headbands, how would you place the feather pad? Looking at the infant's head - should it sit at angle going up to the side? Lay flat alongside the foe? I'm at a loss.... Any suggestions??

And just to give you an idea, she would like this headband of mine (she bought 4 of my new feather metal headbands - yay!) but this time on a foe headband:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feather Headbands 019.jpg (30.3 KB, 345 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2011, 04:40

Default Re: Feather pads for babies - what do you think?

The more I think about it (I have a really difficult time visualizing these things!) I guess it should start closer to the ear and come up across the front of the forehead? I need a baby....
Old 01-10-2011, 04:43

I love this! It is so elegant! I don't make many headbands, so I can't really help with the questions! But I think it looks great!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:45

Here are some I found in a search on etsy for visualization:

I like this look the best:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64203922...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60747244...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade

And while I LOVE this headband, I am not a fan of the way it is sitting on the babies head, if I bought it I would adjust it to fit like the ones in the other pictures:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60795151...rder=&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title&filter[0]=handmade

HTH!

Krista
Old 01-10-2011, 04:49

The good think about the foe is you can put the feather wherever you want on the foe and the mom can place it wherever she thinks it looks best... I mean w/ foe you won't really have a specific way it HAS to go on as long as the feather is covering where the 2 ends of the foe go together.. unless you are making them adjustable.

I'd say like the etsy pics starts closer to the ear and comes over so it's on the side of the babies head.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:50

Thank you, mysunshine! And Krista ~ I love you! I really appreciate the links.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:51

I was just reading through this because I was having the same dilemma. Can someone advise me on the best way to actually attach it to the FOE itself? I understand when you hot glue to a metal headband that you put a strip of ribbon on the underneath for extra security and softness on the head. But I can't figure out the best way to do this with FOE. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
Ok, one of my new stores would like some foe headbands with a whole nagorie feather pad and a fabric rosette on them, for babies. So....having only used the feather pads for metal headbands, how would you place the feather pad? Looking at the infant's head - should it sit at angle going up to the side? Lay flat alongside the foe? I'm at a loss.... Any suggestions??

And just to give you an idea, she would like this headband of mine (she bought 4 of my new feather metal headbands - yay!) but this time on a foe headband:
That is gorgeous! I have seen the term feather pad before but I don't know what it is or what the nagoire feather pad is. Would you mind cluing me in, please? There is so much to learn, just when I think I get a bow down pat, I see all of these other beautiful creations and wonder if I need to pack it up and call it a day!
Thanks so much,
Janice
Old 01-25-2011, 09:55

I agree, start closer to the ear and go towards the forehead.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenardo View Post
I was just reading through this because I was having the same dilemma. Can someone advise me on the best way to actually attach it to the FOE itself? I understand when you hot glue to a metal headband that you put a strip of ribbon on the underneath for extra security and softness on the head. But I can't figure out the best way to do this with FOE. Thanks in advance!!!
I actually just hot glued the pad and the rosette to the foe then attached some felt on the other side of the foe and glued that to the foe and the pad for a bit more stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
That is gorgeous! I have seen the term feather pad before but I don't know what it is or what the nagoire feather pad is. Would you mind cluing me in, please? There is so much to learn, just when I think I get a bow down pat, I see all of these other beautiful creations and wonder if I need to pack it up and call it a day!
Thanks so much,
Janice
Don't call it a day, lol! I've been making bows for about 4 years now and sometimes I have to put on blinders when I see new projects. I know I want to do it someday, but have no time to try it yet.

I bought the feather pads from a group buy on the forum, they come as just the red with white curly tips you see on my headband. Then I took apart another white feather pad and that's the little white feather I added to the headband. Then I added the special diamond button and made a satin rosette and put it together. It didn't take long at all.

I think there is a group buy going on for some right now, but I'm not certain. They run about $1.20ish per pad.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.

Tags
feather pad, feathers, foe headband, nagorie