Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-08-2011, 02:32

Question My 2nd ever twisted boutique bow.. better? Please review

First of all, MEGA thanks to all my fellow hipgirls who helped me so much after I posted my first attempt at a twisted boutique bow.

I sat down this morning and tried my hand at making a second (hopefully better) one.

I didn't use any templates or sewing. I took a length of ribbon and hand-folded it into shape. I then held the center together with a straight pin while I put it into my sally clip. I threaded the clip with some organdy ribbon, pulled it tightly and knotted. The first one took hours.. this one took less than 5 minutes.

What do you all think? Did I get closer this time? It looks like a twisted boutique bow to me (but then again, who am I to judge? lol )

I'd love to hear opinions from all the bow savvy hipgirls

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:38

Default Re: My 2nd ever twisted boutique bow.. better? Please review

why can't I see either one of your bows??? I just don't get it... Grrrr...
Old 01-08-2011, 02:41

Looks awesome! I gave up on templates for twisted and do figure 8 now. I think it looks amazing!!!

VERY nice job!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKane View Post
why can't I see either one of your bows??? I just don't get it... Grrrr...
Hmm, I don't know (?) That's odd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCheek View Post
Looks awesome! I gave up on templates for twisted and do figure 8 now. I think it looks amazing!!!

VERY nice job!
Yes! It's a figure 8! Thank you!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:53

looks lovely!!!

If we've done business please leave feedback!!
Thank you!

Mommy to 5 precious babies.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:56

girl! that is FANTASTIC!!! keep up the good work, hugs, paula
Old 01-08-2011, 03:04

I think it's time for your party!! Only thing I would do is push out the back of the bottom two loops to push the front forward a little bit. . . KWIM? I had to start with tying, then move to sewing - great job on not giving up!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:08

WOOHOO!!! Great job!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:12

Great job! I think if you shorten the ribbon just a smidge, the loops might be a little more perky. But it definitely is looking like a twisted!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21

Well, I'm loving it!! I also gave it another try today. I also made a new korker bow, but this time starched my ribbon. I will post pics later. I tried these again because you've been posting pics and a few others, and I am so determined to get these. I use to make korkers and thought they looked good, til I came here! I was so excited today. My korker actually looks pretty good and my twisted, not too bad. Its not what some of these ladies make, but I think I'm getting there!?!?
Sponsored Links