http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-08-2011, 07:03

Default Re: My 2nd ever twisted boutique bow.. better? Please review

See I knew you could do it!! Good for you for sticking to it!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 07:07

Okay, I am by no means a twisted bow expert, but here's a pic of 3 bows, all made with 7/8" ribbon, all apx. 3" wide (within 1/8") but they look quite a bit different. I made them all without tails, like yours, if you want to add tails I'd add 1 1/2-2 1/2 inches (totally personal preference!). Just by changine the length slightly, you can change the look to suit whatever you prefer. Please excuse my bows in the raw & I hope this explains my babbling a little better, lol!

Oh & the lengths of the ribbon I used for each bow is written underneath them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0022.jpg (40.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post
Okay, I am by no means a twisted bow expert, but here's a pic of 3 bows, all made with 7/8" ribbon, all apx. 3" wide (within 1/8") but they look quite a bit different. I made them all without tails, like yours, if you want to add tails I'd add 1 1/2-2 1/2 inches (totally personal preference!). Just by changine the length slightly, you can change the look to suit whatever you prefer. Please excuse my bows in the raw & I hope this explains my babbling a little better, lol!

That does make sense!!! I swear the more I read, the closer I get!! These bows can really be a pain!!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Hon, please... please feel free to post your bow attempts in this thread! We can learn together!
OK, I'm back with my pics. I know I'm not there yet, but Imust say that I have been working really hard on getting both of these down. And like you, Maxine, I'm excited just to be close!!!So here's a pic at my latest twisted and my korker.Picture 354.jpg

Picture 355.jpg
Old 01-08-2011, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordi5103 View Post
Yeah, don't be afraid to move them around. I jerk them this way and that. I also hold them certain ways while I use the hairdryer on them after starching. I used to not touch them, but realized you had to.
I am reluctant to touch them.. I'll try and get past that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoose View Post
See I knew you could do it!! Good for you for sticking to it!!
Thanks BlueGoose! I hope they're better than my first one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovertine View Post

Wow, there is a difference! I think I'll try making your middle one next. Thanks so much for posting this for us Christine ~ it's VERY helpful!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
OK, I'm back with my pics. I know I'm not there yet, but Imust say that I have been working really hard on getting both of these down. And like you, Maxine, I'm excited just to be close!!!So here's a pic at my latest twisted and my korker.Attachment 63553

Attachment 63554
Those are great mlh! I think you're hard work is definitely showing! They're both terrific
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28

Quote:
OK, I'm back with my pics. I know I'm not there yet, but Imust say that I have been working really hard on getting both of these down. And like you, Maxine, I'm excited just to be close!!!So here's a pic at my latest twisted and my korker.Attachment 63553

Attachment 63554
You've got it! Just pull the top two loops on your bow a little up & inward, play around with it, but that's a perfect bow in the making!

Quote:

Thanks BlueGoose! I hope they're better than my first one lol

Wow, there is a difference! I think I'll try making your middle one next. Thanks so much for posting this for us Christine ~ it's VERY helpful!
You're welcome, so glad I could help! And the middle bow is my favorite size!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:31

Quote:
I should say that I sew mine so I don't fear them coming apart. Yeah, it took me awhile to get over it....You will too!! You are doing really well!!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:32

Quote:

Attachment 63554
I agree with clover....just work with it. And, the korker is beautiful!!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:54

Ok, here is my 4th try at a twisted boutique. I don't want to get discouraged, but I hope I'm on the right track at least.

This bow was freehand, no pins... just folded and slipped into the sally clip. Then, I tied it. I did not manipulate it.. or fuss with it. I just pulled it out and took a pic.

I wanted you to see a raw image to see if I at least got the ribbon going the right way.