Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-06-2011, 09:02

Default Question about rhinestone shimmer flowers

I got my box of flowers yesterday, the ones with the six tiny rhinestones in the centers. They are sewn together. My question is, do you ladies clip the thread and glue each layer on and the rhinestones? I did this to one yesterday but its such a pain. Some of the rhinestone centers are even enough, but I am wondering if they will fall apart of I just glue them onto a clip.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 01-06-2011, 09:11

Default Re: Question about rhinestone shimmer flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braids'nBows View Post
I got my box of flowers yesterday, the ones with the six tiny rhinestones in the centers. They are sewn together. My question is, do you ladies clip the thread and glue each layer on and the rhinestones? I did this to one yesterday but its such a pain. Some of the rhinestone centers are even enough, but I am wondering if they will fall apart of I just glue them onto a clip.
Are you talking about cqa75? I do not take them apart.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:14

Yeah, I really haven't had any problem with them falling apart or the rhinestones coming off. We have some of these that my girls have been wearing for about a year and haven't had trouble. Also, I've sold a TON and I'm sure my customers would have mentioned if any had had trouble too. The only trouble I've had with some of my AR or AR look-alikes is that sometimes after alot of usage, the flowers get sorta "wimpy" or curled up. So I just mist with water and blow dry them and that seems to "reset" the shape.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:42

There are some flowers from AR that don't need to be taken apart. The CQA 75 is one of them also CQMM1. I like ordereing the CQA 37 and taking it apart and adding different centers. I do both. I also washed one of my daughter's flowers in the washing machine on accident and it stayed together!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:44

i don't take them apart since they are sewn.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:48

No they are look alikes. Some of the rhinestones are off center, and some are loose on the threads. I guess I will go through the good ones and just re-do the others. Thanks ladies. They do look beautiful once blowdryed, I wish I had more spring colors...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24

this might be a stupid question, but what are you doing with the flowers? I'm pretty new here and am intrigued.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:47

I don;t take them apart either. I just put my clip on the back and make sure that the glue from the clip goes over the stitched area as much as possible.

Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg