New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 05:16
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

My first one ever... help me out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BW-011.jpg (28.8 KB, 262 views)
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 05:56
hugabug's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 169
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Not a bad start! Cute bow! I'm sure you've looked around at different styles so keep playing with ribbon type/size.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabug View Post
Not a bad start! Cute bow! I'm sure you've looked around at different styles so keep playing with ribbon type/size.
So far the only bows I know how to make are tuxedos and pinwheels lol. For some reason bows are not so demanding in my area; they're more into headbands and flower clips. But bows are FUN! So I'm trying...
Thanks for your comment!
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:22
hugabug's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Travis AFB, CA
Posts: 169
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTrends View Post
So far the only bows I know how to make are tuxedos and pinwheels lol. For some reason bows are not so demanding in my area; they're more into headbands and flower clips. But bows are FUN! So I'm trying...
Thanks for your comment!

Careful they can be ADDICTING lol! When I first started I used this site a lot: http://www.girlythingsbows.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabug View Post
Careful they can be ADDICTING lol! When I first started I used this site a lot: http://www.girlythingsbows.com/
Yeah, I use that a lot. I got to that site before I found HG!
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25
SunflowerHouse's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 738
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

That is a good first one IMO - I don't attempt layered bows, they're not popular in my area, either, so I'm really no help, but I think most layered bows are pinwheel on the bottom and twisted boutique on the top - you've already got the pinwheel down, so you're halfway there! Thanks for sharing this!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50
momof5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,286
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Not bad. I would maybe make the top bow a little smaller so it doesn't hide the base bow as much, or you could do the base bow in a wider ribbon so you can see it better.
__________________
"A lot of class, with a lil' sass!"
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50
BowMamaof4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

It looks great for your first try! Now, if you want to experiment, start with changing the shapes of your loops when you first make the figure 8 shape. The narrower the loops, the perkier the bow! The entire bow is changed just by altering those first loops.

Keep practicing and you'll soon be addicted and your bows will get prettier by the day! Thank you so much for taking the time to share on here. There are lots of really nice, helpful ladies. If you have any questions, ask away. It might take awhile or a bump or two to get an answer on this busy forum, but someone will answer.
__________________
Ashley

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!


I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51
BowMamaof4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
Not bad. I would maybe make the top bow a little smaller so it doesn't hide the base bow as much, or you could do the base bow in a wider ribbon so you can see it better.

This is great advice. I like to use wider ribbon on the bottom to show more color.
__________________
Ashley

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!


I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2011, 08:06
trendymom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spring Valley, NY
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: Is this what my double layered bow should look like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
It looks great for your first try! Now, if you want to experiment, start with changing the shapes of your loops when you first make the figure 8 shape. The narrower the loops, the perkier the bow! The entire bow is changed just by altering those first loops.

Keep practicing and you'll soon be addicted and your bows will get prettier by the day! Thank you so much for taking the time to share on here. There are lots of really nice, helpful ladies. If you have any questions, ask away. It might take awhile or a bump or two to get an answer on this busy forum, but someone will answer.
I'm not sure what loops you're talking about. I made this by folding like 4 inches down, then wrap around and around... no figure eights?!
__________________
~Faigie
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger