New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-04-2011, 10:10

Default Paypal

So I didnt know where else to put this. Ladies please watch your paypal accounts. I am glad paypal alerted me of the 3500 charges to my bank account from my paypal account. It has taken alot of work to get my money back and this happened on DEC23. So you can imagine what it was like. I would suggest that everyone PM info from now on. I know I watch my account closely, and get emails alot from them, but they changed my address, spent 3500 and it was a mess. I hope no one else has to go through that. I am only saying this because other than here thats the only place I post my stuff. I am just saying please becareful its not fun to go through what I did.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 01-04-2011, 10:13

Default Re: Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngr78us View Post
So I didnt know where else to put this. Ladies please watch your paypal accounts. I am glad paypal alerted me of the 3500 charges to my bank account from my paypal account. It has taken alot of work to get my money back and this happened on DEC23. So you can imagine what it was like. I would suggest that everyone PM info from now on. I know I watch my account closely, and get emails alot from them, but they changed my address, spent 3500 and it was a mess. I hope no one else has to go through that. I am only saying this because other than here thats the only place I post my stuff. I am just saying please becareful its not fun to go through what I did.
wow I'm sorry you had to go through that all!!

thanks so much for sharing!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:35

Quote:
Thanks for the warning.

How did they change your address?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:39
Super Moderator

Quote:

Thanks for the warning. Something we should all be more carefull about and keep tabs on.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
Thanks for the warning.

How did they change your address?

Somehow they got in my account...paypal said my password was strong so they hacked it pretty good. Its just been a mess, but from now on I will PM my info to anyone im buying to...its just not safe since these forums are searchable. I have had someone say that b4 and never thought about it cuz my password was pretty good. Lesson learned and it wont happen again.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49
DimkaRoza

Good recco, anyone can send an invoice or charge you once they know your PP address, so it's a very good idea to just PM them from now on.
Thanks!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimkaRoza View Post
Good recco, anyone can send an invoice or charge you once they know your PP address, so it's a very good idea to just PM them from now on.
Thanks!
It wasnt a invoice, but like you said once they get the pp email address it is fair game. It was someone who bought stuff using my paypal account thats the weird part. they didnt send invoices they bought it and jus used my paypal account, changed my address. One thing though is two of the 4 people that they bought stuff from wouldnt send it to a unconfirmed address...Thank goodness. It was/is still a mess due to I have automatic payments....YUCK!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09
DimkaRoza

Quote:
It wasnt a invoice, but like you said once they get the pp email address it is fair game. It was someone who bought stuff using my paypal account thats the weird part. they didnt send invoices they bought it and jus used my paypal account, changed my address. One thing though is two of the 4 people that they bought stuff from wouldnt send it to a unconfirmed address...Thank goodness. It was/is still a mess due to I have automatic payments....YUCK!

Oh no! okay so if you have funds in your account they are automatically taken out, but I was wondering how can they get items shipped to them IF your PP already has YOUR address programmed in there, so the "stolen goods" per se would be shipped to your house! Omigosh, in any way, Paypal is starting to get scary, there are so many "work arounds" any online transaction can potentially be a risk!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:51

OM GOSH, if they had your pp addy, how did they tap into your pp acct. without a your password?
thank you for the warning too!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:11

Hackers have gotten very good at baiting people as well through email. Some of the emails they send these days look very legitimate, as well as the sites their emails send you to. (It's called phishing.)

One tip to combat this, is to never, ever, ever, ever, ever click on a link in an email from Paypal, whether you are sure it's actually from paypal or not. Just make it a habit, that when you want to sign in to paypal, open a new window or tab and type in paypal's address yourself, and log in that way.

You can't ever be "fished" if you do that.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies