http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-04-2011, 03:04

Default Re: Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr82cre8 View Post
My PayPal account was hijacked about two years ago and I sympathize with you. It was a hassle, but I did get the money ($600+) returned to my account.

As a precaution, I got a PayPal Security Key (now called a security key card). I haven't had a problem since! No one can hack into your account because in addition to your password, they would have to have the security key card in their possession.

Here's how it works:

1. Put your password in.
2. Before you press ENTER, press your security key card for a 6-digit code and enter those number immediately after your password.
3. Press ENTER

PayPal verifies the password and security-key-generated digit code, then logs you in to your account.

The key is FREE, I believe. For more info, go to PayPal and do a Help search on "security key card".

Hope you and others find it helpful.

Thanks for this! I went and checked it out and registered for the mobile one, it will text me a security code each time I need to make a payment I had my pp hacked by an ex-roommate who quickly emptied my bank accounts.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 03:38

Wow, that really stinks. I think I will go in and edit out my pp address from my posts (if it'll let me) just to be on the safe side & then only PM it from now on if I buy something.

Some people work so hard at doing awful things. Just think what positive things they could do if they would put their minds on good things instead!! I hope everything gets straightened out for you quickly!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
I have to ask, why do people keep so much money in their paypal accounts? My brother is an artist and sells paintings and such, uses paypal to collect the monies, sometimes 3 and 4 thousand at a time and every single day he transfers his PP money to his bank account, I do this as well and have never been hacked.

If there's no money to spend there's nothing to steal.

Your paypal accout is attached to your bank account...which intern they can make charges and it goes to your bank account because you dont have any funds in paypal.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetinvasion View Post
If your paypal is attached to your bank account, then if someone hacks into your account and buys things, it will pull all the money from your bank account to cover it.
This is exactly what happened to us in August. The hacker bought mp3's from two different websites and spent $1200+ dollars I about pooped my pants when I found out the paypal emails I got showing my "recent purchases" weren't spam emails. I thought they were so I deleted them and a day later went on my bank website and saw what they had done. Thankfully I got all the money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyesnButterflies View Post
Wow, that really stinks. I think I will go in and edit out my pp address from my posts (if it'll let me) just to be on the safe side & then only PM it from now on if I buy something.

Some people work so hard at doing awful things. Just think what positive things they could do if they would put their minds on good things instead!! I hope everything gets straightened out for you quickly!
I edited my posts not too long ago too, unfortunately when people quote you with your email, it's hard to get them to edit their post just to do you a favor I will definitely be pm'ing my email from now on and am about to buy a security key card! Thanks, Gr82cre8 for the info on that!

Last edited by iluvstarz2001; 01-05-2011 at 01:39.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvstarz2001 View Post
I edited my posts not too long ago too, unfortunately when people quote you with your email, it's hard to get them to edit their post just to do you a favor I will definitely be pm'ing my email from now on and am about to buy a security key card! Thanks, Meghan for the info on that!
If ANYONE needs a quoted message edited to delete an email or other personal information please pm a mod and we can do it for you. That's what we are here for.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda1 View Post
If ANYONE needs a quoted message edited to delete an email or other personal information please pm a mod and we can do it for you. That's what we are here for.
Oh goodie....I don't know why I didn't think to contact a mod. Should we just pm you or post in ask the mods? I will go through my posts later and make a list. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42
Super Moderator

Uh oh a list! .......just kidding. Make a list and pm it to me would be the easiest.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:40

Scary! This was something that surprised me here that people post their pp address, I was always scared about doing that. Also, my paypal address is not the same email address i use for my business. Sorry that happened to you!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:05

good thing they alerted you.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52

If any of you participate in those facebook comment games and resale shops...many of them require that you leave you pp address so they can invoice you. Well thieves are watching this and can get your info from there. Most of the time they are looking for a direct link so people usually leave gaps when typing out their addy. I would not suggest this because it is not secure enough.
Sponsored Links