New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-03-2011, 10:23

Default Any ideas on how to make this cheer bow?

I know how to do all the sequin fabric stuff, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to get this design... 2 pieces of fabric cut out in the shape of like a leaf and then criss-crossed? 4 pieces of fabric sewn together at the middle?

If you have any thoughts, let me know. I could use the help brainstorming!!

TIA!
Kelly

ps - photo is from http://www.sheplayssports.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheerbow.jpg (54.4 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by kellykelly; 01-04-2011 at 02:24. Reason: sorry i forgot to give credit to the website i found the photo on!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 01-03-2011, 11:43

Default Re: Any ideas on how to make this cheer bow?

Also, I'm more than happy to pay for instructions if this type is included! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06

I looks to me like it is two elongated leaf shapes lined up next to each other and maybe sewn together at the center.

The silver base may be fused to some sort of white fabric and then the red sequin middle is just the sequin fabric alone or fused to iron-on vinyl. Either way, you can see the silver sequins through the red.

My personal opinion, I would go with a standard cheer bow (lots of good instructions on this forum). Unless the cheerleaders are young and the style bow you're asking about is being used for pigtails, I would recommend going with a standard tails down cheerbow.

That is just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykelly View Post
I know how to do all the sequin fabric stuff, etc. but I can't seem to figure out how to get this design... 2 pieces of fabric cut out in the shape of like a leaf and then criss-crossed? 4 pieces of fabric sewn together at the middle?

If you have any thoughts, let me know. I could use the help brainstorming!!

TIA!
Kelly

ps - photo is from http://www.sheplayssports.com

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 01-06-2011, 04:50

Thanks! I've been doing the standard ones for quite some time. Just looking at the less popular styles now and trying to play around with them. Just experimenting and seeing what I can come up with. But sometimes just can't get it! Like this one from cheerbowsetc.com where it seems that the tails are BEHIND the bow. The closest I can get is doing the basic cheer bow and using the back side of it! I even tried to make the bow and tails 2 separate parts but the tails were way too fanned out!

Also, found these instructions that might be the same thing but can't tell if the tails really are both behind the bow....tried to mess around with it but the instructions just weren't that detailed http://www.girlythingsbows.com/collar_bows.html

Do you ever make cheerleading bows with the tails behind?

So funny the other night I was relaxing in the bath and had an idea of how I could do this bow I attached a photo of so I asked my hubby to bring in a foot of ribbon so I could play with it before I got out and forgot. He was so cute...cut it and brought it to me heat sealed and all! I must make too many bows if even my hubby knows what to do with ribbon so it doesn't fray!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg purple-dots-pawprint.jpg (41.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47

I believe that bow is two separate pieces. The loops are one piece and the tails another. It allows for flexibility when wearing the bow. Making bows that way, you can wear them with the tails in the front like a normal cheer bow or you can place the ponytail further back and wear the tails to either side of the pony. Check out www.cheerbowsetc.com under under bow sizing and styling. There you will see how it works. I believe their version of it is called the "double cupie". HTH and Good luck.

Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykelly View Post
Thanks! I've been doing the standard ones for quite some time. Just looking at the less popular styles now and trying to play around with them. Just experimenting and seeing what I can come up with. But sometimes just can't get it! Like this one from cheerbowsetc.com where it seems that the tails are BEHIND the bow. The closest I can get is doing the basic cheer bow and using the back side of it! I even tried to make the bow and tails 2 separate parts but the tails were way too fanned out!

Also, found these instructions that might be the same thing but can't tell if the tails really are both behind the bow....tried to mess around with it but the instructions just weren't that detailed http://www.girlythingsbows.com/collar_bows.html

Do you ever make cheerleading bows with the tails behind?

So funny the other night I was relaxing in the bath and had an idea of how I could do this bow I attached a photo of so I asked my hubby to bring in a foot of ribbon so I could play with it before I got out and forgot. He was so cute...cut it and brought it to me heat sealed and all! I must make too many bows if even my hubby knows what to do with ribbon so it doesn't fray!

Find me on Facebook at Cheer Bows by Cheer 'N Bowz
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37

I've seen that style of bow before, and I agree with Ann, it's def two pieces. (actually, I suppose I agree with her on both bows, lol) two pieces for both bows. It's tough to find something different, seems like most teams are using diff combinations of fabrics and ribbons for that "wow" factor. Check out cheerbowcotoure's bows for super different bows that will knock the judges socks off!
Shelleigh
Old 01-07-2011, 01:43

Oh wow I just saw CheerBowCouture's

bows! I'm not sure how she comes up with that...the one with all the lines on it must have taken so much time. But its encouraging to see that you can create some cool things if you take the time with cheer bows!

Thanks for the suggestions on the bows with the tails behind. I'll keep working on it using the tails as separate pieces...I think I just need to work on the folding technique at the center of the tails to make them sit closer together instead of so far spread apart (but you're right that is a style that they can wear them as too!)

Very cool stuff. I'm going to oooh and ahhh over more of CheerBowCouture's designs now and see what kind of things it can inspire me to try! The layers are pretty fun...just takes a bit of time! I can't plan out things ahead of time like she does, I just create...but then its really tough to ever re-create and make dozens of the same one. So working on that!!
Sponsored Links

Tags
cheer bow