http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-03-2011, 06:32

Default Re: Omg! What do i do?!?

I have to agree with everyone else... throw all of them away (said as a momma of kitties).

Sorry this happened to you
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20

I would say toss them....even if you were to get the smell out I would not want to buy something that had dog or cat or even baby pee or poop on it.....I'm so sorry about that!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05

So sorry that happened to you.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:57

Oh what a bugger!!!

Ladies, if you have cat pee stains you need and enzyme cleaner...bleach will not do the trick. Most pet sections at Walmart have one.

I agree with everyone else...toss the bin.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:28

I'm with everyone else...toss the bin!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:06

That stinks (pun intended!) ! But, seriously I'm so sorry that happened. It would make me sick to think of the money and time that went into those bows . I encourage you to toss it all, too.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:28

My cat will do this if I don't let him out :0( Chuck them and start fresh.

I have found that using a special urinary health cat food has helped my cat be MUCH better about this.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:47

I personally, speaking as an "allergic to and never been a cat owner" would try to dump the entire box, or anything that had been exposed to the urine into the washing machine with Oxy wash on hot, air dry and starch and reshape. Anything that doesn't make it through the wash is trash, anything that makes it belongs to my daughter. I would certainly not try to sell anything, as that would put your professional reputation on the line, but since you are pretty much considering them trash anyway, why not give it a try.

Besides, I would be interested in how well that my bows hold up through the wash anyway and if nothing more it gives you an educated idea of how they will fare.

Sorry that happened. Did I mention that I am not a cat fan?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberry View Post
I personally, speaking as an "allergic to and never been a cat owner" would try to dump the entire box, or anything that had been exposed to the urine into the washing machine with Oxy wash on hot, air dry and starch and reshape. Anything that doesn't make it through the wash is trash, anything that makes it belongs to my daughter. I would certainly not try to sell anything, as that would put your professional reputation on the line, but since you are pretty much considering them trash anyway, why not give it a try.

Besides, I would be interested in how well that my bows hold up through the wash anyway and if nothing more it gives you an educated idea of how they will fare.

I guess that's what I was thinking.

If she's planning on writing them off, so to speak, anyway then she might as well find out how well they hold up in the wash. At least then she might be able to tell her customers that if the unthinkable happens to one of her bows that they buy that they might be able to salvage it.

But I would strongly recommend using a pet urine enzyme. I know they don't necessarily work well for spot treating but I think it would work in the wash.

Again, good luck to the OP.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberry View Post

Sorry that happened. Did I mention that I am not a cat fan?
I agree.....Cat urine is the worst...and i don't think anything that had been soiled should be sold...I understand the huge loss...& it does suck.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies