Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-01-2011, 07:57

Red face Rolled Rosettes--Eek! Please tell me that I WILL get control of my glue gun...

I'm attempting to make some rolled rosettes, and me and my glue gun are having serious issues. It's like world war three between us, and so far the glue gun is winning. I'm using this tutorial, and the flowers look pretty good except for the glue strings and little globs everywhere. Is it just a matter of practice, or is there a secret to it that I'm missing?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32

Default Re: Rolled Rosettes--Eek! Please tell me that I WILL get control of my glue gun...

At least for me its a matter of practice mine have less glue showing now but what i do is when it dries i get some tweezers and remove that dot of glue that is showing very carefully so i dont damage the rosette
Old 01-01-2011, 08:33

Default Re: Rolled Rosettes--Eek! Please tell me that I WILL get control of my glue gun...

If you have a high temp gun that makes the strings worse when you pull I assume. But when you make them try smooshing the gun against the fabric as you pull away.
Also, I have made them without the backing to glue to. I looked at that tut and it looks like more work. When I made them I just rolled them from the center with a spot of glue here and there between the fabric.. so in my case they were not glued to anything but just fabric on itself as I wrapped. If you did them w/out the backing you may be able to win the battle.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:34

oh I HATE glueguns!!! I try to find a good one, and thought I did but after 20 hours it leaks like nuts and give me all those dang webs URGH!! I have no advise sorry
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38

I make these all the time. I cut out a circular piece of felt, dab the hot glue on the felt (not the ribbon), then twist and pull the ribbon and stick it down on the glue. I've never had any problems. Hope that makes sense.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:03

I can't roll mine on felt I have to roll it then put it on the felt circle... also sometimes I sew them if I can't get my glue gun to cooperate but i LOVE making these!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:32

I don't roll mine on felt- I roll the rose and then put fabric or felt on. Also, I roll it and only glue a couple of times while rolling, and then i go back and kind of glue in between as necessary ( i have the thin tip glue gun, so it's easy to push up in between).
Old 01-01-2011, 10:51

You could try stitching them. I have made a few with the glue gun and I burn myself and get aggravated. I like to sew pearls and stuff on the centers and I find that it's too hard to sew through the glue after I'm done, so sewing works better for me.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:47

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to try it without the felt backing and see if that works better.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:58

I had to practice forever to get it down. Plus, I'd lose the backing, I think you'll have better control.

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Sponsored Links