New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-15-2011, 02:20

Smile Re: Bottle cap experts I need ur help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella bambina View Post
Just a question and thanks Heather for the instructions... do you use matte or glossy finish on your bottle cap images? Just curious... I printed glossy this time.
Thanks,

karen

I use matte images - but that is because I use the epoxy dots - and they dont stick to images well if they are glossy.

I use to use gluestick and then put dot on - but they pealed off after awhile. Not I put dots on first, then hot glue to caps - seems to be working better. Anyone else do it this way? I have been having lots of glue problems but cant stand smell of e6000.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am new here and i LOVE this place!
Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2011, 03:28

Default Re: Bottle cap experts I need ur help!

I purchase some images off ebay and etsy and then I make my own. I print mine at home because I am not close enough to Wal-Mart or Walgreens to go every day or in the middle of the night when I decide to do them. Lol. I print them on my home printer, but I have to seal the images so the ink doesnt smear. I get the sealer at Michaels, its on the glue isle or Wal-Mart has some too in the craft department (I think Modge Podge is the brand at WM). I spray it on the 4x6 sheet and only takes a minute to dry then use hole punch. No need to seal if you have them printed anywhere like Walgreens, WM, etc.

I use the Xyron sticker maker (can be found at WM) to adhere image to the bottle caps. Works best for me.

When attaching to a bow I get furniture plugs from Hobby Lobby (in the wood isle), E600 the plug to the back of the bottle cap, let dry about 15 to 20 minutes and then E6000 to the hair bow. HTH!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:36

I did it!! I did it!!! I did it!!!! I purchased some images from Etsy, printed them out on my ink-jet printer, sprayed some clear sealer (from WalMart) over the images, used my 1" circle hole punch to punch out the images and the thermo-web, attached the image to the cap with the thermo web, then mixed up my ET Lite, and poured them on my caps. I am THRILLED with the results!!!

I have not had luck with using the E6000 glue to secure my bottlecap to my bows. I put the furniture pads in the back for added adhesion area, but the caps kept pulling off. Any suggestions with what I am doing wrong? I have been using hot glue and they are holding for me. TIA
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmac68 View Post
I did it!! I did it!!! I did it!!!! I purchased some images from Etsy, printed them out on my ink-jet printer, sprayed some clear sealer (from WalMart) over the images, used my 1" circle hole punch to punch out the images and the thermo-web, attached the image to the cap with the thermo web, then mixed up my ET Lite, and poured them on my caps. I am THRILLED with the results!!!

I have not had luck with using the E6000 glue to secure my bottlecap to my bows. I put the furniture pads in the back for added adhesion area, but the caps kept pulling off. Any suggestions with what I am doing wrong? I have been using hot glue and they are holding for me. TIA
Congrats on doing your bottle caps and it working out so well! Its always a sigh of relief when it all works out for you.

The E6000 works wonderfully for me. I do take the bottle cap liners out of my bottle caps and that may be the difference. Also, the furniture pads you are using are they wood or plastic? I use the wooden ones. I know some things the E6000 just wont adhere to and I think it lists the materials on the E6000 package. I know it will eat right through hot glue, learned that by mistake when I had hot glued something and then used E6000 on the same piece and it all fell apart. Whoops!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinaj27 View Post
Congrats on doing your bottle caps and it working out so well! Its always a sigh of relief when it all works out for you.

The E6000 works wonderfully for me. I do take the bottle cap liners out of my bottle caps and that may be the difference. Also, the furniture pads you are using are they wood or plastic? I use the wooden ones. I know some things the E6000 just wont adhere to and I think it lists the materials on the E6000 package. I know it will eat right through hot glue, learned that by mistake when I had hot glued something and then used E6000 on the same piece and it all fell apart. Whoops!
Thanks!! I just made up another batch - I am happy!! Woo hoo!

I use the little felt/woody furniture pads -maybe I should give it another try!! Do you put the glue on both surfaces and let it dry a bit before you put them together, or do you just put the glue on and put the pieces together right away?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:52

Quote:

YEAH for you!!

Make sure the seals are out of your caps. Sometimes that makes them come loose. Also, you can use spare buttons from around the house on the inside ~ they are cheaper and you probably have some laying around. If you don't, they have bags of little round wood disks at Michaels that you can use. They are much cheaper.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07

Quote:

Good for you!

If u don't mind sharing, what kind of sealer did u used?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxybunnyg View Post
Good for you!

If u don't mind sharing, what kind of sealer did u used?
I used ET Lite - it was SUPER easy to use! I ordered it from Hip Girl Boutique and bought the cups, too - it's so easy to measure, mix, and pour with those little cups!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45

Quote:
I used ET Lite - it was SUPER easy to use! I ordered it from Hip Girl Boutique and bought the cups, too - it's so easy to measure, mix, and pour with those little cups!
But i mean the spray sealer you got at waltmart for the pictures you printed?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:32

Girls, please help I'm in need with the bottle caps ... I have seen them that they are all chrome.. how can I add color to them? How can I make them look like really nice with color? please help
Sponsored Links