key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-30-2010, 03:41

Default bottle cap help

I am about to throw these bottle caps through the window! I can not get them to work. I am using the resin drops...I am modpodging the image on then placing the drop over it but the drop just peels right off....what is the deal???
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 12-30-2010, 03:42

Default Re: bottle cap help

I *think* you aren't supposed to mod podge when using the drops. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:45

I use the resin drops, and I put them on the image FIRST. It takes me a bit of smoothing to get it to adhere well over the entire image - I put the drop and image in a cloth (usually my sleeve ) and press and smooth for a minute.

Then I stick the image onto the cap, and I usually use Aileens glue, I forget the exact one.

Voila!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:43

Hi! Should I be using photo paper or not when printing the images? They seem to stick a bit better using fabric and putting the resin drop on the image first.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:01

I get all my images printed off at Walmart. I take each bottlecap and wipe them down with alcohol to get any residue off. Punch out my image and send it through my Xyron to make the image a sticker. Then place the image on the bottlecap. Press it really good to make sure there are no air bubbles. Then I place my resin drop on top. I take a cloth and place it over the resin drop and rock my finger back and forth to make sure its on good and no air bubbles. And just to be completely sure, i'll take a little Liquid Fusion around the edges where the resin drop and bottle cap meet just to make sure the resin drops are on there good! HTH
Old 01-01-2011, 12:20

Thank you! Where do you get liquid fusion?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:29

To start I clean the bottlecaps with alcohol, wipe them again, then I use tacky glue to glue on photo image to cap, I let it dry overnite, then I apply the drop. For every 50 I make, I may have 1 that does not stick. I love the resin drops. I get my drops from one of the ladies on here. Also I get the dog tag and scrabble drops. They work great!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:29

It seems like I have air pockets or something. Part of the image is really clear but other parts not so much. I'll try some of these tips.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:51

I so need help, there is girl that I work with here at school that it selling the bottlecaps super expensive. I know how to make the bows, but I think I might need a tutorial on how to make bottle caps.. can anyone help please.... I m so frustrated because I can try to make about everything, but bottle cap just seems a little complicated. Maybe Im wrong but can anyone givve me a hand..
Old 03-02-2011, 08:51

I have found when I use the drops that the images run if they get any moisture on them....my daughter put her necklace in her mouth and the image was ruined.....has anyone else had this problem???
Sponsored Links