Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: What applique do you use most for your bow center?
Bottle caps 1 16.67%
Clay centers 0 0%
Rhinestone or Rhinestone sliders 3 50.00%
Other, please explain 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2010, 12:03

Default Bow centers...what do u use?

I'm curious as to what all u can use as a bow center...I've only been making bows a short time. I've used some clay centers and some rhinestone embellishments and buttons,bottle caps so far. I'm so amazed at all the creativity out there when deciding what to use for your center...

So I just thought I'd ask everyone about this...I'm curious about felts,wooden applique pieces..and other applique choices..has anyone used cardboard or paper figures..I thought I'd seen this somewhere and it was very unique. ..Thanks

Last edited by mwilkins; 12-29-2010 at 12:06.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-29-2010, 12:10

Default Re: Bow centers...what do u use?

Difficult to answer this post bc we dont always embelish the center. Most of the bows we sell dont have bow centers. the ones that we do use are flat back resins I get from my mom. We find that people are more interested in the plain bows and we can make these and sell to a broader audience...HTH.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:29

I use everything. Polymer clay centers, bottle caps, flowers, itty bitty bows, rhinestones, buttons, sliders, appliques, marabou puffs......etc. If it fits and looks good then I glue it on there. I sell a lot of the rhinestone centers on my bows and on my flowers.

Last edited by ronnie; 12-29-2010 at 12:31.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12

When I do embellish..I use all of the above!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09

My favorite thing to use is the rhinestone sliders!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58

I sell more of my bottle cap bows but I love making bows with rhinestone button centers. I think they look so elegant.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16

I have the hardest time making a "plain" bow, but customers like them, even though they seem too boring to me!! But I love using pkbeckers buttons, rhinestones, I cut small felt shapes with my big shot, and flatbacks, also I use those glitter foam shapes. I tried paper/cardboard flowers, but they were not sturdy enough. I tested them out on my dd.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:18

I use bottlecaps and some rhinestones. I also either get flat back buttons and use those. I'm new to bow making, don't have too many supplies.

One unusual thing I used was a foam sticker.

I had some on hand because my four year old daughter uses them for crafts, I get them at Michaels, they are foam with a peel and stick backing - one day I made a big red and white bow that makes a big circle so it needed a center stuck in there, so I took one of my daughter's penguin foam stickers and glued him in. It turned out cute, and she loves wearing it, so I plan on making more.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwallace4 View Post
I sell more of my bottle cap bows but I love making bows with rhinestone button centers. I think they look so elegant.
I just started using the rhinestone button and sliders...talk about beautiful..I love them..I wanted to keep them all for my dd.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniflower View Post
I have the hardest time making a "plain" bow, but customers like them, even though they seem too boring to me!! But I love using pkbeckers buttons, rhinestones, I cut small felt shapes with my big shot, and flatbacks, also I use those glitter foam shapes. I tried paper/cardboard flowers, but they were not sturdy enough. I tested them out on my dd.

glitter foam shapes..is an awesome idea...I need to find the boutique..but I could swear they used a cardboard character center..they bows are sooo adorable..but I was thinking they would be ruined if they got wet or were worn by a lil booger like my dd.
Sponsored Links