Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: What applique do you use most for your bow center?
Bottle caps 1 16.67%
Clay centers 0 0%
Rhinestone or Rhinestone sliders 3 50.00%
Other, please explain 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2010, 02:32

Default Re: Bow centers...what do u use?

The only thing that I will NOT use it wood and paper.............anything else you name it I use it. I have 5 boxes of center things

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 02:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleK View Post
I use bottlecaps and some rhinestones. I also either get flat back buttons and use those. I'm new to bow making, don't have too many supplies.

One unusual thing I used was a foam sticker.

I had some on hand because my four year old daughter uses them for crafts, I get them at Michaels, they are foam with a peel and stick backing - one day I made a big red and white bow that makes a big circle so it needed a center stuck in there, so I took one of my daughter's penguin foam stickers and glued him in. It turned out cute, and she loves wearing it, so I plan on making more.

I'm building my supplies slowly..and I just browse Michaels or Hobby Lobby for my centers right now..most bows I've made are solid basic bows..I will definately be purchasing some resins and those clay polymer centers on HG..there is someone or probably many for that fact that make adorable centers..including the bottle caps and buttons..I can't wait to get me some! Lol..
Old 12-29-2010, 02:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tu-Tu* Cute Hair Bows View Post
The only thing that I will NOT use it wood and paper.............anything else you name it I use it. I have 5 boxes of center things

veronica

There is a popular shop on FB that uses wooden centers..her bows are really adorable and she has a big following..the wood thing suprised me ..not sure I would do that either but if it works for ya..
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37

I have used several things, but one of my fav things are covered buttons. I can use any fabric I want to cover the button to match whatever I'm making. I can also have them embroidered and monogram the bow.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
There is a popular shop on FB that uses wooden centers..her bows are really adorable and she has a big following..the wood thing suprised me ..not sure I would do that either but if it works for ya..
the reason i do not use wood is because i have seen bows that had them in the center and got wet in the rain and the center just look aweful afterwards. but to each its own i guess

veronica

*I will not tell you your UGLY bow is PRETTY but I will try to help you make it better..............wish someone would of told me my first bows were ugly. I do this out of love not wickedness *
Old 12-29-2010, 03:08

sometimes I use flat back resins or just use ribbon in the center
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies