Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33

Default small clippies? DO they exist?

I am looking for some extra small clippies that I could attach to a bottle cap or something of similar size that would not be visable from behind it but it must also be no wider than 3/8"

Do these exist? Anything close at least or any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37

Default Re: small clippies? DO they exist?

I've seen novelty mini clips, not the salon type but the elongated tear drop shape that bends shut, but I don't think you'll be able to buy them anywhere in bulk.

And I think the problem you'd have with anything that small would be operating whatever mechanism (un)snaps it.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:42

yeah ideally it would be like a mini alligator clip.

I want to use it as sort of a removable bow center but dont want to go the magnet route because i dont want my bows to have to be worn with the center KWIM?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:50

They do exist! (sounds like the M&Ms commercial!) I have some and use them a lot. You can get them on Etsy from sellers. HL now carries them and I know that someone sells them, just cant remember which company...let me look.

I am not exactly sure how little/big your looking for, but the 3/8 ribbon is bigger than them for sure. HTH some.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:56

I've never tried it, but I've heard of people clipping the ends off of the longer ones to make them shorter.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veree View Post
I've never tried it, but I've heard of people clipping the ends off of the longer ones to make them shorter.
I thought about that.. I might attempt it and see how it works... i would think that they probably dont clip as well.. at least not double prongs any ways.. but I might be wrong.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
I thought about that.. I might attempt it and see how it works... i would think that they probably dont clip as well.. at least not double prongs any ways.. but I might be wrong.
I have the 20mm snap clips and also carry the mini alligator clips, is that what you're looking for?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13

I think HP has mini alligator clips. I bought a small pack at HL, and need to get more. I use them for mini boutique bows (1" wide or so), and for center accents on interchangeable stacked bows. I made DD a set of single boutiques that stack/mix and match with a lady bug center, and a scotty dog resin center. she can wear just the red, just the black, just the centers, or any combo of the three. (Hope that made sense)
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24

Yups..HP has this.. Item # GE-22S

http://www.hairparts.com/hairclips.htm

hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceamama View Post
I think HP has mini alligator clips.

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceamama View Post
I think HP has mini alligator clips. I bought a small pack at HL, and need to get more. I use them for mini boutique bows (1" wide or so), and for center accents on interchangeable stacked bows. I made DD a set of single boutiques that stack/mix and match with a lady bug center, and a scotty dog resin center. she can wear just the red, just the black, just the centers, or any combo of the three. (Hope that made sense)
Am I correct in assuming that an interchangeable stacked bow doesn't nest as tightly as a stacked bow that has been tied together. How does that affect the overall "look"? And how secure are the top bows that are clipped to the bottom bows?

I did check out the stacked bows at your homepage but I didn't see any interchangeable ones.

kel
Sponsored Links