New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-27-2010, 04:54

Default Brilliant Bow Maker

Anyone have any info on this? I am considering buying it.. I just cant get that darn twisted bow to look anything like its supposed to.

Ive tryed making my own template and wrapping the ribbon around then putting the pin through and shaping... it does not work for me. Ive also tried the figure 8 and it doesnt work..

I really dont want to spend that kind of money on a template BUT I need to be able to make these bows!

Any advice or comments on them is welcome!

TIA
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 05:06

Default Re: Brilliant Bow Maker

wish I knew I am interested as well but I just want the maker do not really need the intructions
Old 12-27-2010, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebugs View Post
wish I knew I am interested as well but I just want the maker do not really need the intructions
yeah me too... well i mean im sure they are useful but mainly I want that darn tool. Anyone wanna destash one
Old 12-27-2010, 05:32
Super Moderator

Personally, I love it. It's very easy to use and the bows turn out perfect

Also, do a search on here for BBM and Brillant Bow Maker there are several threads about it. HTH
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebugs View Post
i got one for my birthday from my dh! i love it and my partner in bows ended up getting one too. as for the directions, i thought the same thing but it has been worth getting them too as it showed me how to use the template and gave me measurements on ribbon etc. and how to do a few new bows i hadn't gotten to learning yet...ie. mixed color twisted bows where the single bow has 2 split colors in the one bow.

i got the whole kit and kaboodle and i am glad i did. LOVE IT! (i actually think my bows looked good before getting it but they are more consistent now and i look more alike then before the templates. my only complaint is i wish they had a larger loops template and a twisted bow template for 3/8ths ribbon.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:00

I just got my for Christmas. I have only played with it today so I don't have the hang of it yet..
Old 12-28-2010, 12:02

How long does it take to make a bow using it?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19

It only takes a couple minutes to do the bow. I have not finished them with centers or clips yet. I am still playing with it
Old 12-28-2010, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
How long does it take to make a bow using it?
i think it has sped up my process. now i can cut a bunch of ribbon at the correct length, i mark them ahead of time, and then just make bows. i use the burn method so i just make up a bunch of them using the template and then i tie the middles after i get a bunch done. after i got good at using the template, it speeds up the process but more then that it gives consistency to my products.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:29

thanks for the responses. I would love to see some pics of bows made using it! ( I know they have pics on their website but you know how that can be sometimes... )
Sponsored Links