printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-23-2010, 08:13

Default Please help me!!!

I have some mini rannies and I take them apart to glue back together, but when I am done they look TERRIBLE!!! The petals are so small its hard for me to keep them straight and position them like I want. Then when I try to glue the stone, its so small, I can't glue it in the center!!! Is there a trick to this??!!!!!!! Same with the hydrangeas.. I bought some from JoAnn and when I glue 2 petals together they do not look good!! Please HELP!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2010, 08:34

Default Re: Please help me!!!

p 2.jpg

p4.jpg
Old 12-23-2010, 09:24

I think you just need some practice, just use a little bit of glue and place the petals so they don't overlap each other, you know turn them if that makes sense...I'll post a pic of mine. Put a tiny dab of glue on the rhinestone then place it in the middle or you could use a little bit bigger rhinestone.You'll get it, don't worry and they are big sellers so keep practicing!

This is one that my dd wearing so the petals are aren't perfect, but you should get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (59.6 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by jenniflower; 12-23-2010 at 09:46.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniflower View Post
I think you just need some practice, just use a little bit of glue and place the petals so they don't overlap each other, you know turn them if that makes sense...I'll post a pic of mine. Put a tiny dab of glue on the rhinestone then place it in the middle or you could use a little bit bigger rhinestone.You'll get it, don't worry and they are big sellers so keep practicing!
I agree, just rotate the petals....Its hard to explain... but really simple lol
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51

The pics are of hydrangeas that I tried to make... I dont know what im doing wrong, I rotate the petals so they dont overlap and the right side will look good and the left side wont......do yall think I need better flowers? I would like the hydrangeas with 4 petals but I dont know where to get them
Old 12-23-2010, 09:58

I use a toothpick to keep the centers aligned. Start with your top petal, put it upside down on the toothpick, put a small dab of glue and place the next petal, upside down, and continue until you place all your petals. Be sure to alternate where you put your glue too so your flower doesn't look lopsided. As for setting stones, I use hotfix or flatbacks, sometimes you have to use tweezers if they are small. Does take practice, but once you figure what works for you, you will wonder why you hadn't thought of it before. HTH
Old 12-23-2010, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbennett04 View Post
The pics are of hydrangeas that I tried to make... I dont know what im doing wrong, I rotate the petals so they dont overlap and the right side will look good and the left side wont......do yall think I need better flowers? I would like the hydrangeas with 4 petals but I dont know where to get them

Are you randomly grabbing petals and using them or are you picking and choosing - I suggest the latter... While i'm making my hydrangeas, I literally sit there and make sure that I am grabber specific sizes, shapes, etc and have them match if I'm doing a set of something... Also - you really have to eyeball it - sometimes you don't place them center directly on center. because hydrangeas petals are kind of lopsided, to get an "even look" you may have to place them a bit OFF center....

As for rannies - I do NOT take off the plastic inserts for the layers - and rannies look better (IMO) staggered only slightly - not blatantly this petal here, and there and the next one in the middle of it... I say stagger each layer just a bit off from the last - I hope that makes since... I'm attaching some photos of things I've done - so *maybe* you can see what I am talking about!!!

HTH!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deep Red Rannie Clip1.jpg (46.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Olive Green Rannie Clip2.jpg (56.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Flower Clip Lot .jpg (47.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Dk Blue Skinny HB-CU.jpg (44.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-23-2010, 10:35

Awesome job girls!

I was going to say if you have a Michaels nearby i think they have the ones with 4 petals or i think i have even seen them at Walmart.

I stagger mine also when putting them back together and you for sure have to pick and choose which ones to use, so practice placing before you actually glue them together to see what they are going to look like, kwim? that way you can put one in place of another if needed.

good luck, don't give up, you'll get it!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula123 View Post
Awesome job girls!

I was going to say if you have a Michaels nearby i think they have the ones with 4 petals or i think i have even seen them at Walmart.

I stagger mine also when putting them back together and you for sure have to pick and choose which ones to use, so practice placing before you actually glue them together to see what they are going to look like, kwim? that way you can put one in place of another if needed.

good luck, don't give up, you'll get it!
I've gotten my hydrangeas from Hobby Lobby and from Michael's - I ADORE Michael's - however, can usually get a better deal @ HL's.... and yes - I've actually seen them at Walmart - and even the dollar tree!!!
Sponsored Links