Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-19-2008, 10:35

Default Cutterbug HELP

I went out today and bought one and I am sooo sad I can not get it to cut ribbon or fabric like I saw someone do here! Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? I even ran it though more then one time, and it cut the top piece of plastic!! I need some HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 11:32

Default Re: Cutterbug HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
Have you read the user manual, it explains how to place everything correctly. You have to sandwich the die between the A and B cutting mats and you also need to use the C mat. The die needs to be facing down, and it will leave an impression on the cutting mat. Those need to be replaced once in a while.

It does cut through felt nicely and also through ribbon, but it will fray a lot.
I did read the manual 2 times!! It says to only use the c mat with non-cutterbug dies?? I go it to cut the felt but all it does on the ribbon is leave an impression?? Also the foam side of the die should be up right?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRYLI View Post
Sandwich the die and the paper (ribbon or felt) between the B and B cutting pads, and put the A spacer underneath. The foam on the die needs to be facing down with the paper under the foam (this you already know). Then just feed it through the machine, and it should cut it.
If you are using another die brand, like Sizzix, then you just need to use the B and B cutting pads.

Hope this helps, if you don't understand let me know, and I'll try to explain it better.
I was doing that and it still will not cut the ribbon or fabric--I can not figure out why it will not work!! I am so MAD
Old 04-20-2008, 12:05

I just tried on mine...same results...it will cut felt, but sometimes I have to run it through twice.

I tried with 1.5 inch grosgrain and it made the impression, just like what happened to you. I ran it through twice. Still only impression. I then put another layer of ribbon UNDER the die to make it a tighter fit. Ran it through twice and it cut, but not well at all. I was using a cuttlebug die, a flower one, maybe it was too fancy...perhaps a simple design would work, but I don't have anything simple to try. I only have the flower die.

I feel your pain

ISO: manners
Old 04-20-2008, 12:16

I was having the same problem when I first started trying to cut ribbon and fabric. I have found that for cutting ribbon and fabric it helps ALOT to put clear packaging tape on the back of the ribbon and fabric. It seems to give a cleaner cut and it doesn't fray. I usually just leave the tape on the back and glue it to my projects (tape and all). I hope that helps you.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Babies Bowtique View Post
I just tried on mine...same results...it will cut felt, but sometimes I have to run it through twice.

I tried with 1.5 inch grosgrain and it made the impression, just like what happened to you. I ran it through twice. Still only impression. I then put another layer of ribbon UNDER the die to make it a tighter fit. Ran it through twice and it cut, but not well at all. I was using a cuttlebug die, a flower one, maybe it was too fancy...perhaps a simple design would work, but I don't have anything simple to try. I only have the flower die.

I feel your pain
I have the die to cover the snap clips--I will what you did and see it that works
Old 04-20-2008, 12:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvribbonarts View Post
I was having the same problem when I first started trying to cut ribbon and fabric. I have found that for cutting ribbon and fabric it helps ALOT to put clear packaging tape on the back of the ribbon and fabric. It seems to give a cleaner cut and it doesn't fray. I usually just leave the tape on the back and glue it to my projects (tape and all). I hope that helps you.
Did this make it cut the ribbon and not leave just the impression?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:26

I tried the tape, didn't work for me

Old 04-20-2008, 12:34

I just tried putting the ribbon under the die like you said and it did cut the fabric but still did not cut the ribbon all the way through although it did cut it better. I was wondering if I should return it and get the sizzix big shot??
Old 04-20-2008, 12:42

as long as it will cut ribbon! If the store you purchased the cuttlebug has the big shot as well, maybe they'll let you "exchange." (not sure which one costs more, though.) I'm behind in reading posts...does the big shot cut ribbon?

Sponsored Links