Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q. (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/71966-fabric-covered-buttons-snap-clips-q.html)

KaylasBoutique 12-22-2010 01:29

Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
I have a few questions. Sorry!

1. What size fabric covered buttons do you ladies use on your snap clips?

2. Are 50mm snap clips the most common when you attach fabric buttons to them?

3. Is sewing the buttons using the metal loop on the back the best way to attach the buttons to the snap clips?

4. Where is the best source to buy all of this, including fabric?
I also need a button tool as well :)

thank you soooo much!

EmileeDesigns 12-22-2010 01:52

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
snap clips I think most girls use 36.. I don't use snap clips so I really don't know that just what I think. Also I don't know if they sew them or glue them on..

You can buy the buttons on Etsy. Most of us get ours from group buys here on the board, but I haven't seen any for awhile.

You may try using the search (right next to the new post button) and see what comes up when you type in covered buttons.

KaylasBoutique 12-23-2010 09:11

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
Thank you.
I spent quite a bit of time last night trying to find brown snap clips with either the hole, or the glue pad. Nothing.

On a side question, will the snap clips with the glue pads work well for gluing fabric covered buttons too?

isabellasgarden 12-23-2010 09:17

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
I use both the smaller snap clips and larger ones. I use size 60 buttons and I get mine here

http://www.craftersvision.com/produc...-12-12-060.htm

shipping is fast and they will refund you the difference if shipping out another method is cheaper. Customer service is really good as well.

I personally open up my snap clips and hot glue them with really hot hot glue on the end....I have had no issues with them as I use them on my own daughter and I live in TX and it is REALLY hot here and I have left them in the car and they do not come undone. HTH!

firedancr41 12-23-2010 05:02

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
whenever i use hot glue, mine pop right off when i snap the clip, so i started using E6000 and they stick great!

isabellasgarden 12-23-2010 05:41

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
if I dont open the snaps first they pop off...if I attach them while the snap is open and wait until dry to close I had no problem, I personally cannot stand the smell of E6000....it seems to take weeks for the horrible smell to go away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedancr41 (Post 873493)
whenever i use hot glue, mine pop right off when i snap the clip, so i started using E6000 and they stick great!


pat font 12-26-2010 09:37

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by graphicsgirl (Post 872189)
I have a few questions. Sorry!

1. What size fabric covered buttons do you ladies use on your snap clips?

2. Are 50mm snap clips the most common when you attach fabric buttons to them?

3. Is sewing the buttons using the metal loop on the back the best way to attach the buttons to the snap clips?

4. Where is the best source to buy all of this, including fabric?
I also need a button tool as well :)

thank you soooo much!


I will be opening a group buy for cover buttons and tools soon

jenniflower 12-27-2010 08:53

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat font (Post 875189)
I will be opening a group buy for cover buttons and tools soon

Yay I am all out from the ones I got in your last buy!

bowmania 12-27-2010 09:53

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
I have never made snap clips, maybe I should try a few.

KeriHallman 12-28-2010 09:17

Re: Fabric covered buttons & snap clips Q.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowmania (Post 875470)
I have never made snap clips, maybe I should try a few.



I was thinking the same thing. hmmm.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger