http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-18-2010, 09:51

Default need inspiration

I have an order for 12 matching headbands and one doll headband...the customer would like them all matching and they are for ages 4 thru 40. I don't want to attach a bow and call it done, but i also don't want to put some elaborate piece on a headband for a 4 yr. old that looks better on an adult. colors are black ribbon wrapped headbands and red w/ other options..not too christmasy but will be worn that morning and would like them to be somewhat versatile to also be worn on valentines day and other events.

i was thinking of using alli clips to make them more versatile also.

suggestions?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:01

Default Re: need inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavebabygiggles.com View Post
I have an order for 12 matching headbands and one doll headband...the customer would like them all matching and they are for ages 4 thru 40. I don't want to attach a bow and call it done, but i also don't want to put some elaborate piece on a headband for a 4 yr. old that looks better on an adult. colors are black ribbon wrapped headbands and red w/ other options..not too christmasy but will be worn that morning and would like them to be somewhat versatile to also be worn on valentines day and other events.

i was thinking of using alli clips to make them more versatile also.

suggestions?
What about red flowers like the real touch hydrangea petals with pearl centers. I'd put that on my daughters and I'd wear it too. I have a pic I can show you how I make them on the thin metal headbands.

Another option might be tuxedo style bows, something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55009664...B0%5D=handmade
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holiday hydrangea headband.jpg (28.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 12-18-2010, 10:02

My thought was some pretty little flowers, like the chiffon flowers someone on here makes (can't think of who, even though I ordered a bunch 2x lol) Black ones with small red rhinestones would be pretty, they would be good pretty much year round, especially for new years and valentines day. The flowers are smaller and not too big/poofy so it wouldn't be over-doing it for people not into the froofy stuff lol

Otherwise, what about a low profile tuxedo style bow with a rhinestone slider or red rhinestone in the center? I think the key here is simplicity so everyone (or pretty much everyone) will like it.

Hope this helps or at least inspires some ideas!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess9737 View Post
What about red flowers like the real touch hydrangea petals with pearl centers. I'd put that on my daughters and I'd wear it too. I have a pic I can show you how I make them on the thin metal headbands.

Another option might be tuxedo style bows, something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55009664...B0%5D=handmade
Hmmm great minds think alike lol
Old 12-18-2010, 10:05

awesome ideas...thank u so much. now u have my mind a working! love them! i'll post a pic when i figure out what i am doing...anyone else!~
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Hmmm great minds think alike lol
Lol, I know!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:45

What about using singed edge flowers... those seem cute for young and old!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:44

When you say "Matching" do you mean Identical or just that they are themed the same.

You can make them w/ similar flowers, but make more elaborate ones for the adults... Maybe a single singed flower with a little wisp of feather for the little ones and larger clusters with swooping feathers added for the adults?

All of my tutorials are now available through my etsy store.

Check out my Tutorial Album on Picasa.
Sponsored Links