New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-18-2010, 07:08
mickey0707

Default What do you line your alligator clips with?

So they don't slip.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2010, 07:40

Default Re: What do you line your alligator clips with?

When I first starting making bows, I bought some no slip stuff from ebay or somewhere. It was the stuff you line your shelfs with. I didn't know what I was buying, I just read no slip grip for clips. I lined a few with it and I guess it works. But truthfully I have never had anyone ask me if I line my clips. So, I now have two bags of this stuff that I don't use.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:01

i'm using duck's "hold it" carpet tape for most . . . but it didn't hold in dd's hair.

what works on her hair is velvet ribbon . . . and i may try the velcro to see which works best.

lol - she's not a baby/toddler and still the darn things will not stay in her hair! i may start blaming it on the hair conditioner she uses - lol!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:08

I use duck carpet tape too. When I make them for my girls (who just turned 2 but didn't get much hair until 6mo ago so its still pretty fine) or others with fine hair I dont clean up the hot glue from the inside of the clip (that seeps through the cracks) as the glue gives extra traction. My friend puts a thin line of hot glue along the center of the inside ribbon. I've also heard of using silicone but never tried it. Everyone seems happy with the duck liner

edited to add: I've made newborn baby bows using only velcro on the back (no clip) and they hold really well to very little new hair so I would imagine putting velcro inside the clip (the rough side) would work too. I've never tried the velvet ribbon but I know personally I've put in a clip with glitter ribbon on it and it stayed put on me so I can imagine textured ribbons would work well too

Last edited by Meghan; 12-18-2010 at 04:11.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:18

My girls have straight, thin, super fine hair, and the Hold It is what works for us.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:40

I just started using duck tape as well. I love it! Stays great in my daughters hair. Have had no problems with it staying all day, well other then her taking them out.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.