5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-16-2010, 06:40

Default Grosgrain lifting off of clips! How to prevent?

Hi all

I use the double side tape to line my clips. I also use a dab of hot glue in certain places to secure the ribbon. However, the ribbon is starting to lift off the clips in 1 place -- right at the bend in the clip where end to pinch open dips down to be the long piece (make sense?) Right in that bend, I started adding a dab of glue to prevent that, but still happening.

Has this happened to you and how to prevent??
Thanks
mylittlenuggets.etsy.com
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 06:53
Super Moderator

Default Re: Grosgrain lifting off of clips! How to prevent?

What type of DS tape are you using? Are you pulling the ribbon too tight? I rub the ribbon down on the tape a few times and I also heat the clip with my lighter. You have to allow the tape to "cure". Let is sit for a bit it gets sticker.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:57

What brand is the best to use? I've been wanting to try it but was afraid of the lifting.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:18

I use the one that is sold off of hipgirlclips. I run my finger over it a few times and the lifting is happening on items I made a few weeks ago! I brought all my stuff out at a show and noticed all the ribbon lifting, I was soooo embarrassed. I may be pulling too tight

What tape would you rec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj View Post
What type of DS tape are you using? Are you pulling the ribbon too tight? I rub the ribbon down on the tape a few times and I also heat the clip with my lighter. You have to allow the tape to "cure". Let is sit for a bit it gets sticker.

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Old 12-16-2010, 07:18
Super Moderator

http://katescraftstore.com/category_...ided-Tapes.htm
This is where I buy mine, I forget the brand name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos77 View Post
What brand is the best to use? I've been wanting to try it but was afraid of the lifting.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20

Should I be using the 3/8 to line? I have the smaller size and use that. When I used the 3/8 before, I noticed that my daughters hair would stick to the clips in little places that weren't perfectly aligned, which just sometimes happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj View Post
http://katescraftstore.com/category_...ided-Tapes.htm
This is where I buy mine, I forget the brand name.

mylittlenuggets.etsy.com, Facebook
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobee13 View Post
I use the one that is sold off of hipgirlclips. I run my finger over it a few times and the lifting is happening on items I made a few weeks ago! I brought all my stuff out at a show and noticed all the ribbon lifting, I was soooo embarrassed. I may be pulling too tight

What tape would you rec?
The same exact thing happened to me! I stopped using it and went back to my glue gun. The tape on my clips that is lifting off is really hard(almost like thin plastic), not sure what is going wrong. I noticed that this was happening to my older in stock items too. Glad you asked I was begining to think I was the only one.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:56

I do not know anything about the tape, but just wanted to throw it out there that I use hot glue and have never had an issue

Krista
Old 12-16-2010, 08:03
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobee13 View Post
Should I be using the 3/8 to line? I have the smaller size and use that. When I used the 3/8 before, I noticed that my daughters hair would stick to the clips in little places that weren't perfectly aligned, which just sometimes happens
I use 1/4 for the clips. I have never had any problems with the tape. I posted over the summer where my granddaughter went swimming in clips and we left in sitting in the sun for a few days it still held up.
Sponsored Links