150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-15-2010, 09:55

Default Re: Are you images stolen?

Looks like she is removing them. I reported the ones I could and emailed the "owners" of the photos....

I'm wondering why anyone would want to buy something KNOWING the photo is not the actual product you are buying? Silly people....
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30

Ugh! I am surpised there is not a law covering this...I am getting professional pictures done this spring for my website and I want to protect more then anything to pictures of the kids...if I ever find anyone that dares steal a picture of mine, I will have a freakin bird and then I will sue their little hinies and make a cute example of them through the media.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:39

I was going to write this also. Unbelieveable, she really thinks it's ok just because she put that disclaimer. Unless you were given permission to use these pics, you cannot use someone else's work. Unbelievable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa23 View Post
Wow i just read in some of the pics she put *not my actual photo but mine are the same*. What does she think this gives her rights to use the pics? Hello!! NO.
Can the actual owner of the pic or us just hit "report this photo" in the lower right corner of the same page the pic is on?
Old 12-15-2010, 01:50

The picture of the kufi's belongs to someone here, I remember seeing the photo in either a group buy or destash. I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

In my opinion, taking a good phots is one of the most time consuming/hardest parts of this business. I spend ALOT of time taking pics and editing them to show my work. I would be pissed if someone just stole them like that!! If you don't have a good camera, get one or borrow one! It's a crucial component to selling online!

ETA: Found it! It's ckane's photo http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...%2A%2A%2A.html

Last edited by lovedove; 12-15-2010 at 02:03.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
The picture of the kufi's belongs to someone here, I remember seeing the photo in either a group buy or destash. I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

In my opinion, taking a good phots is one of the most time consuming/hardest parts of this business. I spend ALOT of time taking pics and editing them to show my work. I would be pissed if someone just stole them like that!! If you don't have a good camera, get one or borrow one! It's a crucial component to selling online!

ETA: Found it! It's ckane's photo http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...%2A%2A%2A.html
do you know if this person is a member here? I know that I gave permission to some ladies to use the photos of shoes/boots to garner interests - I wonder if that's why/how she came about the kufi photo - and decided to use it.......

I see she added the disclaimer for taking the photos off of some of you gals - wow - never ceases to amaze me!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:40

ok. i might get totally slammed here, and I am totally against someone doing this. I am in no way defending her. but. how is this any different than people selling bottle caps who get pictures of celebrities online and pictures of disney characters etc and put them on the bottlecaps. Isn't this also stealing someone else's work and making a profit off of it? Why don't people get so hot under the collar about that? sorry. just my 2cents.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:46

there is a law against it... its called copy right... and most photographers have it on all of their images and they grant indiviual uses!

Save yourself the hassle and put a big water mark over all pictures that you put on facebook or your website so people cant do this.

Also you DO NOT HAVE to take legal actions to have copy right.. if it is your piece of work you automatically have copy right over the material!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by laydewlf View Post
ok. i might get totally slammed here, and I am totally against someone doing this. I am in no way defending her. but. how is this any different than people selling bottle caps who get pictures of celebrities online and pictures of disney characters etc and put them on the bottlecaps. Isn't this also stealing someone else's work and making a profit off of it? Why don't people get so hot under the collar about that? sorry. just my 2cents.

This is illegal as well... but everyone does it... doesnt make it right, but everyone does it!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:59

I don't do any of this, so expect others not to do this as well. I have had picture of my DD stolen, how do you feel if that happens to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydewlf View Post
Old 12-15-2010, 05:03

Image theft is image theft is image theft, and it is always wrong, whether you are stealing from a bow maker, or Disney.