New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-12-2010, 09:37

Default Question about cheer bows

I'm just getting started but love the way cheer bows look. I have made a few just playing around but I am wondering about the pricing. I see them so cheap on websites and i'm wondering if I could ever sell any for what they are really worth in time and materials. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59

Default Re: Question about cheer bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartbows23 View Post
I'm just getting started but love the way cheer bows look. I have made a few just playing around but I am wondering about the pricing. I see them so cheap on websites and i'm wondering if I could ever sell any for what they are really worth in time and materials. Any thoughts?
There will always be websites that will undersell your bows. What buyers do not realize is they are cheap in materials and craftsmanship.

I don't believe you will ever get out in profit what you put into the bow in your time and effort. I know there are posts in this forum about pricing of bows, I have even responded myself.

Run a search under "cheer bow price" and I am sure it will come up. HTH! Good Luck!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
There will always be websites that will undersell your bows. What buyers do not realize is they are cheap in materials and craftsmanship.

I don't believe you will ever get out in profit what you put into the bow in your time and effort. I know there are posts in this forum about pricing of bows, I have even responded myself.
Amen to that, sister!!
You'll see posts related to that issue as well, the cheap yucky bows you see in cheer catalogs.
Ann is right, check the forum, there's quite a lot of threads related to cheer bow pricing.
It all depends, if it's a local buyer you are hoping to really get, you may price a little below normal, or offer a "percentage off" in the hopes of getting their business. I priced bows at much lower costs than normal for a local Tiny Mite PW team, in the hopes of getting not only her business, but her sister's as well. Sure enough, her sister the head coach of the HS called for her competition bows.
Good Luck, it's an interesting venture...
Shelleigh
Old 12-14-2010, 02:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkhawkfan View Post
Amen to that, sister!!
You'll see posts related to that issue as well, the cheap yucky bows you see in cheer catalogs.
Ann is right, check the forum, there's quite a lot of threads related to cheer bow pricing.
It all depends, if it's a local buyer you are hoping to really get, you may price a little below normal, or offer a "percentage off" in the hopes of getting their business. I priced bows at much lower costs than normal for a local Tiny Mite PW team, in the hopes of getting not only her business, but her sister's as well. Sure enough, her sister the head coach of the HS called for her competition bows.
Good Luck, it's an interesting venture...
Shelleigh
When responding to this, I though about your post about Omni cheer's bow. OMG, that was the funniest post I think I have ever read. So glad to have found someone like you with that sense of humor! You're the best Shelleigh!
Sponsored Links