Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-12-2010, 05:32

Default headpiece

My aunt has asked me to make the headpieces for the bridesmaids in her wedding. I am a little unsure on how elaborate to make these. I know she wants them to look nice, but not take away attention from hers. Any ideas, tips, or pictures if any of you ladies have made things for bridesmaids before I would really appreciate them! TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 05:57

Default Re: headpiece

maybe a few small flowers on a thin metal headband
Old 12-12-2010, 05:58

Do you know what hers is going to look like? Is she wearing a traditional veil or something different? Does she have an idea of what she would like on them-feathers, rhinestones, flowers, etc?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:00

First ask her what she's expecting them to look like (flower/feather, whatever). Then, do a google image search on bridesmaids' headpieces. Collect a few designs and run them by her first before you make anything.

(jmo to keep peace in the family)
Old 12-12-2010, 06:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
First ask her what she's expecting them to look like (flower/feather, whatever). Then, do a google image search on bridesmaids' headpieces. Collect a few designs and run them by her first before you make anything.

(jmo to keep peace in the family)

good idea maxine! lol she does tend to hold a grudge!

She hasnt picked what she wants to wear yet, thats whats making it so confusing. All she told me was "flowers and feathers, or whatever" lol so she didnt give me much to work with. I have been looking around online but I figured I would ask here also bc you ladies can let me know how it worked out if you had made these before thanks for your replies!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin7786 View Post
good idea maxine! lol she does tend to hold a grudge!

She hasnt picked what she wants to wear yet, thats whats making it so confusing. All she told me was "flowers and feathers, or whatever" lol so she didnt give me much to work with. I have been looking around online but I figured I would ask here also bc you ladies can let me know how it worked out if you had made these before thanks for your replies!
Even the most sweet, loveable, good-natured girls can get ugly when it relates to a wedding lol You're in a tough position because without a real clear idea of what she wants, you could end up with the "geez, it isn't at all what I expected" comment

And, if at all possible, get what she wants in writing (easy to do via email). Make sure teal isn't turquoise. Mauve isn't pink.. you get the picture.

Make sure you know exactly what size this headpiece is supposed to be. Also. be SURE it can be worn no matter how the girls wear their hair (this part can be challenging!).

Best of luck to you!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Even the most sweet, loveable, good-natured girls can get ugly when it relates to a wedding lol You're in a tough position because without a real clear idea of what she wants, you could end up with the "geez, it isn't at all what I expected" comment

And, if at all possible, get what she wants in writing (easy to do via email). Make sure teal isn't turquoise. Mauve isn't pink.. you get the picture.

Make sure you know exactly what size this headpiece is supposed to be. Also. be SURE it can be worn no matter how the girls wear their hair (this part can be challenging!).

Best of luck to you!

Thanks! Something tells me I am going to need it. I have asked her to send me details in an email and Im going to send her pictures of my ideas before I start. I sure hope I get it right
Old 12-12-2010, 06:36

great advice maxine . . . also, do you know what the b/maid dresses look like? that also might give you a clue.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin7786 View Post
Thanks! Something tells me I am going to need it. I have asked her to send me details in an email and Im going to send her pictures of my ideas before I start. I sure hope I get it right
And show her progress pics as you work. That way, if she feels it isn't just right, you can make adjustments before you complete the piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prleaf View Post
great advice maxine . . . also, do you know what the b/maid dresses look like? that also might give you a clue.
Thanks hon
Old 12-12-2010, 07:20

She sent me pictures of the dress so thats good. What I have in mind, isint something I have seen online (altough Im more than sure it IS online lol I just quit looking), so Im going to send her the type of flower I plan to use and explain the rest and see if she likes that. And then I will send pics as I go. She wants something simple and elegant. Not too big. Im thinking I might do a satin organza fabric singed flower (about 2.5in) with some pearls in the middle and add a couple ostrich feathers and some "birdcage" veil on a hair comb so they can put it where ever they want, even if their hair is up or down. She said she was letting them wear their hair however they wanted. Well see what she says about that idea.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.