Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   how to use alligator clips (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/7101-how-use-alligator-clips.html)

tanyat 04-17-2008 10:06

how to use alligator clips

Ok this may sound like a dumb question but on my bigger bows I always use french clips.. I sew my bows to the clip then wrap my center piece.. Well with an alligator clip you can do this cause wrapping the center piece around makes it too bulky and it wont close..
So if a customer wants an alligator clip on say a 4" bow how do you girls do this.... I like my stuff to last so I like to sew. It makes me cringe to just hot glue the bow onto an alligator clip as I dont want the bow to fall apart...
TIA
Tanya

jymaldonado 04-17-2008 10:26

Re: how to use alligator clips

I use my glue gun for the bows I made for DD and they haven't fall apart yet. Though I did share your feelings about the glue gun before, now I love it bow:)

I make the bows and do everything I want to do (I sew them also). Then I line the clip and use glue gun to attach the bow to the clip. HTH :)

tanyat 04-17-2008 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jymaldonado (Post 82911)
I use my glue gun for the bows I made for DD and they haven't fall apart yet. Though I did share your feelings about the glue gun before, now I love it bow:)

I make the bows and do everything I want to do (I sew them also). Then I line the clip and use glue gun to attach the bow to the clip. HTH :)

Thanks for your response.. It makes me nervous not to sew them..lol

lildevil77 04-18-2008 01:08

I use the fabric tac and haven't had one come off yet. But I do more sculptures then bows. What about that e600 stuff?

BowquetBowtique 04-18-2008 01:41

For 20 yrs ( Gawd I'm getting old!) I've used my glue gun, Use hot temp. glue sticks, I assure you they won't fall off, I line my clips 1st of course.

Tammie

samsmombeth 04-18-2008 07:41

I also use hot glue. I don't finish lining my clip on the top where I attach the bow, I leave the inside bare. Then glue my bow & wrap the center around & glue it then I take my lining ribbon & go over the inside of the clip. It looks a little neater & I figure it also gives an extra layer to make sure it doesn't go anywhere. My dd (and I use that term loosely some days) who is almost 3 hasn't been able to get them apart. She can take apart any electronics & many other things but not my bows!!
HTH
Beth

tanyat 04-18-2008 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsmombeth (Post 83007)
I also use hot glue. I don't finish lining my clip on the top where I attach the bow, I leave the inside bare. Then glue my bow & wrap the center around & glue it then I take my lining ribbon & go over the inside of the clip. It looks a little neater & I figure it also gives an extra layer to make sure it doesn't go anywhere. My dd (and I use that term loosely some days) who is almost 3 hasn't been able to get them apart. She can take apart any electronics & many other things but not my bows!!
HTH
Beth

See the problem I have with this way is that when wrapping the center around to the inside of the clip makes it bulky where the clip comes together and it will not hold. How do you avoid this? I could see on smaller bows it might not do this but on a 4" bow or even a 3" it is going to have a bulky center.

phatycake 03-29-2009 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyat (Post 83178)
See the problem I have with this way is that when wrapping the center around to the inside of the clip makes it bulky where the clip comes together and it will not hold. How do you avoid this? I could see on smaller bows it might not do this but on a 4" bow or even a 3" it is going to have a bulky center.

Yes, I am having the same problem!!

phatycake 04-11-2009 05:30

Anyone?

tinybittybows 04-11-2009 07:27

I use my glue gun ...