http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-10-2010, 01:21

Default Re: Plus Size TuTu

I have made a tutu almost this big.. i charged 80.00 for it and i used 10 rolls of 25 ft tulle.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2010, 01:39

I believe HL tulle is on sale this week, and agree with the 250-300 yards of tulle. Made one for a 7 year old 25" waist and used 100 yards!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:56

The hobby Lobby by me says that whenever the ribbon by the roll goes on sale-50% off that is including tulle now..The christmas ones are all on sale they are the 100 yard rolls $5.00 a piece...But depending on color you can also get the other ones for half off if your hobby lobby does the same thing as mine does..
Old 12-10-2010, 01:59

Thanks guys, I'm calling her with a total later today.

Is it bad that I kinda hope she decides its too expensive? lol
Old 12-10-2010, 02:47

I just checked HL's sale ad and tulle is on sale but the ad I was looking at was Dec. 6th - Dec. 11th. . . hopefully she will let you know so you can get the tulle on sale!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa's Bows View Post
I just checked HL's sale ad and tulle is on sale but the ad I was looking at was Dec. 6th - Dec. 11th. . . hopefully she will let you know so you can get the tulle on sale!
I'll go get it this afternoon! Thanks! I'll go ahead and get it anyway I can always use it later. I would have ordered it from my supplier but shes wanting it in like 8 days so I didn't have time to order it.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:12

Wow I am completely disgusted by how rude you sound. I understand that you might not have made a tutu that is SO LARGE but my goodness, you can ask that question without the OBVIOUS tone you have for being so annoyed. You almost seem disgusted. To question where this girl would even wear this or why she would want it, it's disgusting. It's none of your business. I really hope she saw your posting here, calling her out and decided to buy a tutu from someone who has respect for their clients. Sadly this disgusting chubby girl shaming post popped up when I googled "plus size tutu tutorial" for my self. Since I'm sure you are SO curious why my big butt wants a tutu, it's for a Halloween costume. I can guarantee it won't take me 300 yards of fabric nor will it cost me $75. Please tell your husband to no longer take calls from gigantic 50 inch waisted big girls because you only service the skinny population. Now excuse me while my fatty self goes and makes a tutu.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm12615 View Post
Wow I am completely disgusted by how rude you sound. I understand that you might not have made a tutu that is SO LARGE but my goodness, you can ask that question without the OBVIOUS tone you have for being so annoyed. You almost seem disgusted. To question where this girl would even wear this or why she would want it, it's disgusting. It's none of your business. I really hope she saw your posting here, calling her out and decided to buy a tutu from someone who has respect for their clients. Sadly this disgusting chubby girl shaming post popped up when I googled "plus size tutu tutorial" for my self. Since I'm sure you are SO curious why my big butt wants a tutu, it's for a Halloween costume. I can guarantee it won't take me 300 yards of fabric nor will it cost me $75. Please tell your husband to no longer take calls from gigantic 50 inch waisted big girls because you only service the skinny population. Now excuse me while my fatty self goes and makes a tutu.
There is no need for you to be nasty. I am a plus sized girl and I didn't take offense with anything in this post. This community normally sells/caters to small children so it is quite a difference in what they normally make size wise. You obviously don't even know what kind of tulle they are talking about because what they use comes in 6 inch strips, not by the bolt. A lot of good childrens size tutus take at least 75 yards so it isn't crazy to think triple that for a plus size adult.

As for her "shaming" the girl. I know I personally would not be comfortable in a tutu because it adds so much size to your frame/makes hips look bigger. You don't normally see adults or big girls wearing tutu's. Next time you decide to create an account please don't do it to post your negative nasty thoughts on a public message board.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20

Also this post is three years old.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:08

Size does matter but quality,performance and more importantly price is the main attribute to make the final decision.Anyhow thanks to all here for nice contribution.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg