ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-05-2010, 06:12

Default Marabou puff added to my layered bow

I have a order for a bow that I have made before but with added black marabou puff... where do you put that in a layered surround a bow? ALso how do you attach it best? and where can I find a single marabou puff to purchase.

I have never used the stuff

I appreciate any and all help!
Thanks, Brandy

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56

Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

I don't make a lot of bows with the marabou, but I sometimes clip a small piece and circle it around and glue ends to each other. Then glue right in center of bow after bow is finished. I know some put it under one of the layers, just not sure where. I bought the long thing of marabou at HL or any other craft store. HTH!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:40

Sometimes I cut two different colors, about 3-4 inches long, and glue them in an "X". I put them between the surround and the top bow. That way the marabou stickes out behind the bow and surrounds for just a hint of color. I always use extra glue though because it's hard to keep the bow attached to the puffs. If anyone has any better way, I'd love to hear it too! I'll see if I can find a pic of one of mine and post it. HTH
Old 12-06-2010, 09:11

when I work with this stuff which i hate but love how it looks i cut out a small circle of cardboard (bout the size of a nickel) and glue it to that, kinda like with the rolled flowers. i suppose you could use felt but i feel like the cardboard makes if sturdier. As far as to where to put it in the stack bow, I would just go with what looks better or is easier for you. HTH

Old 12-06-2010, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGirlBows View Post
when I work with this stuff which i hate but love how it looks i cut out a small circle of cardboard (bout the size of a nickel) and glue it to that, kinda like with the rolled flowers. i suppose you could use felt but i feel like the cardboard makes if sturdier. As far as to where to put it in the stack bow, I would just go with what looks better or is easier for you. HTH
Great idea Dixie!

I've worked with marabou before (not on bows though) and I've attached it to felt before attaching it to the project I was working on. It seem the felt gave me greater flexibility.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22

The only time I added it to bows was just clipping a small piece and gluing to the center of the finished bow.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:28

I just tried it for the first time last week. I cut a strip from a boa and made a circle and glued it to the back of my bow. There may be easier ways to do it but that is what I came up with...I attached a pic for ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0600.jpg (50.3 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg SANY0601.jpg (43.5 KB, 105 views)
Old 12-06-2010, 10:32

Thanks Maxine! And Carlee those are TDF!! Great job!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGirlBows View Post
Thanks Maxine! And Carlee those are TDF!! Great job!
thank you!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:47

I made a big puff by swirling the marabou and then I hot glued it to the bottom of the bow like this;

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.