http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 380
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

If you find a puff... It's a lot easier and cleaner! You just dab glue on the bottom however, you're limited in size when you use a puff... The felt is a great way to secure it a little better. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 626
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

I make a figure 8 with a strip of the boa and put it betweek the layers and sew it all together.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

WOW you guys are truely awesome!!! Thanks for the tips and ideas, I do however NOT have a craft store that is close, anywhere online to get them???
Thanks, Brandy
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:57
BowMamaof4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by madejust4you View Post
WOW you guys are truely awesome!!! Thanks for the tips and ideas, I do however NOT have a craft store that is close, anywhere online to get them???
Thanks, Brandy
I can mail you a puff. What color?
__________________
Ashley

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!


I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2010, 07:32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 504
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

I do this also, just attach in a circle to the back of a bow. I also wrap it around the center of a bow that is glued to a french clip and then cover the marabou ends with a piece of ribbon on the underside of the clip. Did that make any sense at all? Let me tell you though, I HATE working with marabou, it gets everywhere, including my eyes! It is too darn cute though so sometimes I give in and use it. You definitely need to get a premade puff, it is soooo much easier! I noticed another HG offerred to send you one, I also have some extras. Just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlee-Ann1622 View Post
I just tried it for the first time last week. I cut a strip from a boa and made a circle and glued it to the back of my bow. There may be easier ways to do it but that is what I came up with...I attached a pic for ya
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
I can mail you a puff. What color?
Thanks Ashley


Quote:
Originally Posted by lredden View Post
I do this also, just attach in a circle to the back of a bow. I also wrap it around the center of a bow that is glued to a french clip and then cover the marabou ends with a piece of ribbon on the underside of the clip. Did that make any sense at all? Let me tell you though, I HATE working with marabou, it gets everywhere, including my eyes! It is too darn cute though so sometimes I give in and use it. You definitely need to get a premade puff, it is soooo much easier! I noticed another HG offerred to send you one, I also have some extras. Just let me know.
Thanks Yes the gal above is shipping me a tester or two. I do still need to know where everyone gets them, in case I love these testers I know where to get premade ones- and where to get them online since I live in a small city over an hour away from the nearest craft store.

Thanks so much, you gals are awesome!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36
BowMamaof4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

I mailed you a few this morning! I sent 2 black, 2 hot pink, 1 purple, and 1 white I think. Did you get the link I sent to the store where I get mine premade? You can also by marabou by the yard but it is MESSY!!!!! Well worth the extra money to buy premade if you ask me.
__________________
Ashley

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!


I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:54
emmyshairgarden's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 307
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGirlBows View Post
when I work with this stuff which i hate but love how it looks i cut out a small circle of cardboard (bout the size of a nickel) and glue it to that, kinda like with the rolled flowers. i suppose you could use felt but i feel like the cardboard makes if sturdier. As far as to where to put it in the stack bow, I would just go with what looks better or is easier for you. HTH
I love this!Great idea I'm going to try it today!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:57
EmileeDesigns's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,210
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

Normally there is a group buy for puffs every couple of months.... The hg name slipped me but I think it's KimRayburn. I haven't seen one for awhile so i bet she'll open one in the near future!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2010, 01:27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 660
Default Re: Marabou puff added to my layered bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
I mailed you a few this morning! I sent 2 black, 2 hot pink, 1 purple, and 1 white I think. Did you get the link I sent to the store where I get mine premade? You can also by marabou by the yard but it is MESSY!!!!! Well worth the extra money to buy premade if you ask me.

Thanks yes I did Just didn't know if that was the only place to get them, shipping seemed harsh! But thanks again and WOW you are sending a lot thanks, your package is shipped... well printed and waiting for pick up tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Normally there is a group buy for puffs every couple of months.... The hg name slipped me but I think it's KimRayburn. I haven't seen one for awhile so i bet she'll open one in the near future!
thanks Emilee- your always so helpful ! I will watch I some how think I will love them!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger