Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-04-2010, 09:14

Default Rhinestone Iron On Applique?!?

I made my daughter a rhinestone shirt from those iron on sets, I haven't even washed it and the rhinestones are already falling off...I had my iron set to wool like it said and held it for about 1 minute on each side. Can anyone give me some helpful hints for making them stay?!?! Thanks!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 12-04-2010, 09:17

Default Re: Rhinestone Iron On Applique?!?

You need to set your iron on high! Don't put it in the dryer it could reactivate the glue on the stones. I've never used a hand held iron but for a fairly large decal transfer I'd use a hot press. You may want to hold it down a little longer? And put a thin sheet over the garment? I do that too sometimes with the little things when I don't feel like going to the big heat machine to do one little item???
Hope that helps?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldanaaa View Post
I made my daughter a rhinestone shirt from those iron on sets, I haven't even washed it and the rhinestones are already falling off...I had my iron set to wool like it said and held it for about 1 minute on each side.
Did you iron on a hard surface, like a cutting board? the ironing board doesn't provide enough resistance. The heat setting may also not be high enough, make sure you had your iron set for no steam...odds are if the rhinestones are falling off now, the adhesive has not been melted. re-apply the transfer paper with the shirt on a very hard surface, no steam high heat for 45-60 seconds. Do not move the iron! Leave transfer paper on until the rhinestone elements have cooled. remove paper, turn shirt inside out and place pressing cloth or parchment paper over design and re-press for 15 seconds, with 5 seconds of pressure. This draws the glue into the garment.
If this doesn't work, try using a hot fix tool to re-apply each rhinestone seperately.

this is what I use to apply the rhinestones/rhinestuds to my cheer bows.

Shelleigh
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44

You can follow these instructions.

-Select a porous fabric or surface to apply your motif, such as a garment or ribbon. TEST YOUR PRODUCT FIRST TO BE SURE IT CAN WITHSTAND THE HEAT OF THE IRON.

-Set your iron to a medium-high setting (wool or cotton), approximately 350 degrees. Turn the steam OFF. Place the fabric to receive the transfer on a firm, flat surface. Iron the fabric before applying rhinestones.

-Insert a piece of paper between the front and back of the garment so the glue will not seep to the back side.

-Inspect the rhinestone design. On a hard surface, press fingernails over the plastic to nudge offset stones back into position. Use the bag of replacements to replace any missing stones. If desired, trim with scissors.

-Peel the white paper backing off the plastic transfer paper. Place the transfer sticky side down on the fabric. It may be gently removed and repositioned at this point. Inspect the stone layout once more before ironing.

-Iron the transfer with firm, even pressure. Do not wiggle the iron. Heat all areas about 10-15 seconds depending on the size of the stones. Larger stones take more time; metal studs take less time. Ensure that all stones are heated and have pressure applied. The stones under your ironís vent holes will not receive pressure, so reposition the iron once or twice to compensate.

-Let the plastic cool to room temperature. Gently and slowly peel the plastic away. The stones will remain on the fabric. If any stones are lifted up, replace the plastic and re-iron the areas where the stones were lifted.

-When the plastic is removed, briefly press the iron to the stones to reset any that may have loosened.

-The garment can be machine-washed inside-out on a gentle, cold cycle. Lay flat or hang to dry.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:38

Additional tip:
Don't use steam irons.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:18

Hi, I'm sorry I can't find the iron on setting. Few opinions about details. It should revolve in many factors including temperatures, time and the fabric and your operation steps. Here is the introduction about how to apply the rhinestone transfers. Hope it's helpful to you.
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies