http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-03-2010, 05:36

Default Adult Bows?

My sister in law recently said that she wanted hair accessories for Christmas. I asked her what she meant and she said pretty bows and stuff. She's 31 and a teacher. she coaches volleyball, basketball and softball. She wants fancy bows for "going out" and then bows that she can wear while she coaches or is wearing school spirit clothes.

What kind of bows do you guys think might look good on an adult? Any advice is welcome! Thank you!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:41

Default Re: Adult Bows?

I sell a lot of singed flowers, fabric flowers, feathers, and single clippies to "moms"
Old 12-03-2010, 07:42

For school spirit, I would think Pony Os if she has long hair. That is what I wear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciosaybella View Post
My sister in law recently said that she wanted hair accessories for Christmas. I asked her what she meant and she said pretty bows and stuff. She's 31 and a teacher. she coaches volleyball, basketball and softball. She wants fancy bows for "going out" and then bows that she can wear while she coaches or is wearing school spirit clothes.

What kind of bows do you guys think might look good on an adult? Any advice is welcome! Thank you!!!

Proud Member of the Bow Diamonds!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/BowDiamonds

Wholesale Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Serendipi...oriesWholesale
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00

Flowers would be cute. Pony o's like somebody else mentioned would be good for the sporting events. I make simple loop not twisted or anything and pinwheelish either. I wear them out. I will post a pic of one in my hair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orange and blue bow.jpg (6.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-03-2010, 08:07

I wear a lot of flowers, glitter clippies and mini bows. I have a couple customers that buy headbands often. One in particular buys a headband and stacked bow for every holiday!

Mommy to: Jackson (03/07), Kymberlin (08/08) Lincoln (02/10) Mason (09/11)
Old 12-03-2010, 09:07

I would make her a black bow and place a rhinestone button in the middle for a classy bow.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemom View Post
I would make her a black bow and place a rhinestone button in the middle for a classy bow.

I made one like this it was a tux bow I think it was three layers. Black satin and the clear rhinestone in the middle.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:53

I have a few ladies that like the loopy bow. And one lady that wanted to dress it up a bit so I made the loopy bow, but I started bigger on the outside and got a bit smaller towards the center, then reversed it after the middle, then seperated the middle to lay the loops sorta flat then put a big rhinestone in the center. They look sofisticated and classy! She ordered a bunch for her shop. Hope that helps.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:19

I've seen adults were anything from singed flowers/headbands to tux bows and regular boutique bows. I myself prefer to wear the little tux bows and i've done them in prints w/rhinestones! super cute.

hth and good luck!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:40

SUPER cute ideas ladies!!! I haven't made the singed flowers yet but that's something that I think she would REALLY like! I think the tuxedo clippies would look great too and I've made the clippies with rhinstones too. I guess I never thought of using them but now that I think more about it--- Why not?!!! Thanks for all the ideas!!!

Any other ideas are welcome!