http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/rock-star-ribbon-offray-7-8-satin.jpg   http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-flower-grosgrain-ribbon.JPG Tested! Snap Clips Shipping Supplies Alligator Clips--Silver E-6000 http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-hello-kitty-satin-ribbon-orchid.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-01-2010, 12:01

Question Hairclip/Bow Holder question???

I've made several hair clip holders that have a 7/8" ribbon on the back and a 5/8" ribbon on top. The bottom of the holder is a ring, so the two ribbons come together and are attached at the top of the holder near the butterfly and the bottom of the holder at the ring.
Attached is just one of my simple holders.

My question is, should I:

A). Permanently attach the smaller 5/8" ribbon to the larger ribbon all the way down.

B). Leave it unattached. This allows the hairclip to clip on to the smaller ribbon, but it gaps a bit as the two ribbons are separated.

C). Add some clue every so many inches to attach the large ribbon to the smaller one? I find the glue kind of creates a little wet pucker behind the ribbon though?

What do you ladies do and how do you it?
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pr_04_clipholder_butterfly02.jpg (122.1 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 12-01-2010, 12:25

Default Re: Hairclip/Bow Holder question???

I've never layered 2 ribbons together for a holder but I have for some "support spikes" and I used the heat n bond it makes the ribbon stiff but it gives it a look like it comes that way. Or maybe try sewing it? maybe a zig-zag stitch. HTH

Old 12-02-2010, 07:21

Thank you.
What are the "support spikes"?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:40

You could also try the X from Xryon. You find it in the scrapbooking section. You could pull the purple through then it will be sticky on the back. You have to be careful to smooth it out neatly. Get the repostionable kind so you can move it if needed. I had one becasue I used to be a big time scrapbooker. I saw they used it one tut I have.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:57

Hello - A store recently purchased a bunch of my bows and I noticed that they hang them on white ribbon with a metaltype of hook on the top - the metal part is shaped like a semi-circle and the flat side has an opening to fit it onto a ribbon and they hang them on the wall. I'm trying to figure out where I could buy those metal type hooks. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello - A store recently purchased a bunch of my bows and I noticed that they hang them on white ribbon with a metaltype of hook on the top - the metal part is shaped like a semi-circle and the flat side has an opening to fit it onto a ribbon and they hang them on the wall. I'm trying to figure out where I could buy those metal type hooks. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Wal-Mart has them... they are like 4 for 75 cents I think
Old 12-14-2010, 09:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
Wal-Mart has them... they are like 4 for 75 cents I think
Would that be in the hardware or craft department?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
Would that be in the hardware or craft department?
Craft department for me, next to the buttons!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.