Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-01-2010, 02:53

Default Re: How do you keep your bows fluffed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsongbows View Post
I like Aileen's Stiffen Quick....two coats of that and I've not had the need to bake!

Deanna
www.birdsongbows.etsy.com
I've used "Stiffen Stuff" for korkers but the nozzle gets clogged. I've tried rinsing the nozzle with hot water with mixed results.

Do you have that problem with "Aileen's Stiffen Quick"?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18

quick question... I starched and baked my bows and they were fine but inbetween shows I toss them into a tote and store on top of each other. I have noticed that some of the bows that are starched get bent or creased. Has anyone had trouble with that and what do you suggest?
Karen
Old 12-03-2010, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella bambina View Post
quick question... I starched and baked my bows and they were fine but inbetween shows I toss them into a tote and store on top of each other. I have noticed that some of the bows that are starched get bent or creased. Has anyone had trouble with that and what do you suggest?
Karen
I am also having problem with my bows getting flattened when storing them between shows. Someone suggested using the plastic containers that are made for storing stuff under your bed, and standing the bows cards upright instead of flat. HTH
Old 12-03-2010, 02:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post
I've used "Stiffen Stuff" for korkers but the nozzle gets clogged. I've tried rinsing the nozzle with hot water with mixed results.

I have Aileens I love it. I ran out and just bought the reg stuff in the laundry isle but I prefer Aileens.. i just actually poured the sta flo in the aileens bottle and that gets more clogged then the acutal aileens solution.. HTH
Old 12-04-2010, 08:11

I like to use Aileen's Stiffen Quick. I also tried starch then blow dry. Both work well.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:05

Funny I was just reading an awesome old thread 'baking surrounding loops' to find out about how long to bake bows. Search it in the how to make section. Great info.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac View Post

Turn the can upside down and spray short bursts to clear the nozzle...It should work. Works for my spray adhesive.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:36

Just curious when to startch and possibly bake the bows? Do you startch and bake after you have already attached it to the clip/barette (i just tried startching one and noticed that the barrette was wet with startch). also do you bake them when they are wet from startching? What temp do you bake them at and for how long? Thanks for any input!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59

If you are using a template and sewing them they may be different. I just fold mine a bit more and they stay that way permanently unless smooshed in a book or backpack. In that case I unwrinkle by dryer. I just toss them in with a static sheet or socks
If you go w/stiff stuff you can also use glue and water. It's just reg old elmers and water. Half and half from spray bottle and you can dip or spray.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29

I love Stiffen Stuff but I get SO frustrated with it not wanting to spray after awhile. I have even tried putting it into another spray bottle to see if that would help, it didn't. I have ran it under hot water, doesn't help.
I keep a good stock of it, everytime Michaels has a 50% off coupon I get 10-12 bottles. Once one bottle starts going crappy on me I'll switch to another bottle & end up pouring the old bottle into the one that is working at the time as it runs low lol. Its the only "fix" I've come up with so far

Melissia
Sponsored Links