Pendant Satin Large Star Flowers Acrylic Rhinestone Disney Bottle Caps 2pc Flatback Resin--Ballet Shoes Hairbows & Hair Clips 1pc Hip Girl Hair Bow Clips--Pink Ballet Shoes 1pc 5.5' Camelia Hair Flower--Hot Pink http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/cherry-blossom-ads.jpg 6pc Large Silk Fairy Hair Flowers--Combo

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-30-2010, 02:40

Default Re: Big bows??

What about a huge twisted boutique (I'm thinking like 6") with a touch of marabou and a small gift package bow in the center? I'm not sure what it would look like for sure, but it could be really cute. I might go try it right now myself.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 11-30-2010, 02:40

I have some 2.5" ribbon that I use for a base bow, then top it with 1.5" bows, then add some loopy toppers, some spikes, maybe some surrounds, add bling and marabou....VOILA! Fancy, HUGE, over-the-top bow.

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
I have some 2.5" ribbon that I use for a base bow, then top it with 1.5" bows, then add some loopy toppers, some spikes, maybe some surrounds, add bling and marabou....VOILA! Fancy, HUGE, over-the-top bow.
i think 1.5" is the largest ribbon i have so I might have to work with that????
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46

I make a lot of the firecracker/korker bows. They can be huge. I cut a bunch of 7/8" ribbon and use the same amount of 3/8" korkers to create huge firecracker ball. All are cut at 5 1/2" for my biggest size. These are cute on bigger girls. They kind of overpower infants and toddlers unless you cut your ribbon much smaller.

Are you looking for something like that or those huge prissy basic boutique bows?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlee-Ann1622 View Post
i think 1.5" is the largest ribbon i have so I might have to work with that????
If you do a large pinwheel base and add spikes, you're still looking at a pretty big bow. I'd just do a stacked bow with spikes and marabou and add some sparkle! Feathers and rhinestones make every bow fancy!

Want to know what all the fuss is about? Join Bownanas on facebook. 1,300 members and growing!

I'll let you sleep with my husband before I give you my supplier information, so don't ask.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I make a lot of the firecracker/korker bows. They can be huge. I cut a bunch of 7/8" ribbon and use the same amount of 3/8" korkers to create huge firecracker ball. All are cut at 5 1/2" for my biggest size. These are cute on bigger girls. They kind of overpower infants and toddlers unless you cut your ribbon much smaller.

Are you looking for something like that or those huge prissy basic boutique bows?
honestly idk what I am looking for she just said big. My plan is to make several styles because if she doesn't want them I will already be at a show so I will throw them on the table lol
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50

I LOVE BIG BOWS!!! I make them all the time!!!

I didn't have access to my iphoto, but I grabbed a few pics off my facebook page of my daughter's big bows.

I like to make 2 twisted boutique bows (about an 1" different in size) with 7/8" or 1.5" ribbon. Then, I do spikes with the same ribbon. You could add a little marabou too for a really over the top bow.

In the 1st pic I did three bows, but it starts to look pretty stacked.

You could also do a loopy bow with lots of extras.... Wish, I could upload better photos right now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Bow 02.jpg (29.9 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg bigbow 03.jpg (61.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg big bow p.jpg (46.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg big bow p2.jpg (73.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg big bow p3.jpg (68.9 KB, 91 views)
Old 11-30-2010, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBrittany View Post
I LOVE BIG BOWS!!! I make them all the time!!!

I didn't have access to my iphoto, but I grabbed a few pics off my facebook page of my daughter's big bows.

I like to make 2 twisted boutique bows (about an 1" different in size) with 7/8" or 1.5" ribbon. Then, I do spikes with the same ribbon. You could add a little marabou too for a really over the top bow.

In the 1st pic I did three bows, but it starts to look pretty stacked.

You could also do a loopy bow with lots of extras.... Wish, I could upload better photos right now!
These are perfect!!!! I love them!! I still have trouble with the twisted but I am going to try these tonight!!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlee-Ann1622 View Post
These are perfect!!!! I love them!! I still have trouble with the twisted but I am going to try these tonight!!
Here's a hint for you:

If your twisted is PERFECT, put the marabou underneath for a subtle boost.

If your twisted is slightly off, put it in the middle almost like you would an embellishment (just make a bow big enough to be seen past the feathers) and you can hide the imperfections!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMamaof4 View Post
Here's a hint for you:

If your twisted is PERFECT, put the marabou underneath for a subtle boost.

If your twisted is slightly off, put it in the middle almost like you would an embellishment (just make a bow big enough to be seen past the feathers) and you can hide the imperfections!
Thanks Ashley! That is a great tip
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg