New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-30-2010, 10:09

Default Pony-o's

Hello ladies,

My friend has just asked me to make a few of these for her teenager girl. I know how to do korkers so am familiar with the ribbon part however I need your expertise with the rest

Do you use a specific hair band that you attach them too? Do you prefer to tie them around the band (with a knot in the center like a bow) or just wrap a piece of ribbon to the part where you glue the ribbon to the band?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2010, 10:16

Default Re: Pony-o's

I use the goody brand pony -o's from Wal-Mart. They are the larger ones, but thin. I do a knot on the top of my pony and glue it around the back.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:19

I order my elastics from rabom. I lay my ribbon out just like my spikes. I sew thru them and then attach them to my elastic. I do a knot on the top of mine.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:21

I collect all the ribbons I'm going to use and lay them out in a style I like (color-wise, size-wise). Then I find the center and stitch. I then create an "M" type fold and wrap the thread around the center to secure.

I then attach them to tiny french barrettes with another piece of ribbon. I prefer the barrettes to pony-o's because they have less chance of breaking (jmo). I have made them on pony-o's (non-metal), but just wound up preferring the barrette.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:42

Talking Re: Pony-o's

I made some for the first time for my sister on Halloween. I got the Goody's pony-o's from walmart the ones that are really durable and used for thick hair. I cut my ribbon lengths then put my needle and thread thru the center and sewed them to the pony-o. I wrapped and knotted it to make sure it would stay. Then I done the knot and glued it around the center. It was really easy. I'll attach a pic.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cheer bows.jpg (22.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 11-30-2010, 08:53

Thanks ladies.....always good info as usual!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif