Craft Show Display Ideas
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-gift-basket-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/clothesline-for-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/bow-card-punch-tutorial-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-display-bow-title.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-title.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/custom%20bow%20cards-3-sm.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/dress-form-craft-show-display-title.JPG

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-27-2010, 10:31

Question Bow of the Month Club?

Has anyone done something like this? I was thinking about offering it for purchase at my next craft fair... I would offer different levels and have the purchaser fill out info sheets including the child's favorite colors and choice of pig tails or regular bows. Each month or quarter or even week if they so choose bows would be mailed to the girl. What girl doesnt love getting mail? I think this would be a good Chirstmas gift... especially for those that are not near their loved ones.

I was just wondering if anyone does this and if they do how well did it do and what prices did you use? TIA
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00

Default Re: Bow of the Month Club?

I have never heard of that but it sounds like a good idea!! I am curious to see how people would do it.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
Has anyone done something like this? I was thinking about offering it for purchase at my next craft fair... I would offer different levels and have the purchaser fill out info sheets including the child's favorite colors and choice of pig tails or regular bows. Each month or quarter or even week if they so choose bows would be mailed to the girl. What girl doesnt love getting mail? I think this would be a good Chirstmas gift... especially for those that are not near their loved ones.

I was just wondering if anyone does this and if they do how well did it do and what prices did you use? TIA
I always love reading about new, enthusiastic ideas

I'm no longer in the selling aspect of crafting, but some things to think about might be...

• How long would the membership be for? 6 months? A year? (every week is a little too ambitious, imo)
  • Will you create a brochure showing the style of bow for each month?
  • Do they pay it all up front, or each month in advance of the next shipment?
  • What happens if they're not satisfied with the bow you sent?
  • What is the backup plan if all of a sudden (for whatever reason), you're no longer able to make bows?
Old 11-27-2010, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMeadowW View Post
I have never heard of that but it sounds like a good idea!! I am curious to see how people would do it.
It's a great idea but Maxine makes some good points.

I think "Bow of the Month" implies one a month, not one a week. I think most "one a month" clubs run for a year.

Theoretically the buyer's satisfaction isn't any more of a problem than usual except it's a recurring issue.

I think the best business model would be for them to pay for the whole year up front, but that you should keep the unearned money in reserve for potential refunds (full or partial) or to pay another talented bow maker to take up where you left off if you for some reason you can't complete the contract. You may want to include that provision in any written contract.

I'd like to see you try this. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:24

Possible Answers to those ?s

• How long would the membership be for? 6 months? A year? (every week is a little too ambitious, imo)
I Was thinking about this.. possibly offering 4 different levels (a little ambitious I know but it would cover most peoples needs I would say..)
A 1 month, once a week 4 bows for $25
A 1 year, once a month 12 bows for $60
A 6 month, once a month, 6 bows for $40
A one year, once a quarter, 4 bows for $25

These would be my $4 bows... (Basic 4" pinwheels or smaller layered bows or sets of clippies or a small set of pig tail bows.. Im in the middle of no where so my bow prices are much lower than the average boutique)

Those prices would include shipping... which I can do including supplies for less than $2 a bow (there would be a disclaimer stating that bows will be shipped via bubble envelope and if they wish to upgrade(for a fee) they may so choose)
  • Will you create a brochure showing the style of bow for each month?
Not sure on this... good idea though not sure if I have time to for this craft show. The bows would not be set though... I will have samples of my work (since im selling bows there as welll) Customer does not get to pick out the bows (they are getting a discount afterall!) but they would be able to say things like no purple or no pigtail or things of that nature. Basically they would be shown what the options are for bows...

Or another idea... they could always choose their bows each month from the ones I have available on my etsy or fb pages 2 weeks in advance? What do you think?
  • Do they pay it all up front, or each month in advance of the next shipment?
All money would be payed up front to recieve the discounts. If they want to send a bow they could always do that at the regular price plus shipping
  • What happens if they're not satisfied with the bow you sent?
The could of course send it back in exchange for one they are satisfied with at their shipping expenses. I would most likely upgrade the bow or include a free one. Of course they can always opt to end the subscription and recieve a pro-rated refund
  • What is the backup plan if all of a sudden (for whatever reason), you're no longer able to make bows
Either all money would be refunded OR I would try and find someone else to fill the orders. Or I may purchase bows wholesale and continue filling orders but take no more

Let me know if those answers seem feasible. I am one semester shy of a business degree so I am always looking for that potential business. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:25

Also I was thinking the weekly bows would be great for a birthday month or something... IDK why someone would want it but its great to have an option if someone did right?
Old 11-27-2010, 02:09

Would be interested to see how this works out for you. Sounds like a good idea
Old 11-27-2010, 06:48

I was at the mall and saw a six stem bouquet of miniature stuffed animals and it occurred to me that you could do something like that --with bows obviously-- in combination with a six month membership to a bow of the month club.

They could pay for all 12 bows now, get 6 in the form of a bouquet (they could select the "blooms" from what you have on hand), and get the other 6 over the next six months.

Since they'd be getting half up front that would eliminate a lot of the uncertainty of whether or not they'll like them; and whether or not you'll be able to follow through for the duration.

I don't know how much the bouquet would actually need to look like a bouquet, but with a little imagination I think you could figure out how to put one together. I wouldn't go overboard because that would just add to the expense.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:00

I have thought about doing this as well. I just didn't get around to all the details before my last show. I might work on it over the winter to get it solidified. My ideas:

levels would be a great idea - Bows here are not the biggest seller for me in the larger sizes. I thought about offering 2" or 3" bows on a month basis, a clippie club and even a bottlecap necklace club. I would make sure to know when the girl's b-day is and send a special bow for the birthday. Offer a gift card that the buyer could write out and you could include with the first shipment so they could have a personal note. $$ upfront would be key. I thought about offering a solid of the month or a print of the month, but maybe that would be way too many decisions. I don't want customers to get overwhelmed. I would end up making some samples and either taking a picture of them or have them clipped to a separate board to advertise, with the disclaimer that the bows may not be of the exact same print, etc., in case you run out of the ribbon you had. ???
Sponsored Links