ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 11-28-2010, 01:21

Default Re: Raggie Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how do you sew the strips on a pony-o? Do you do something similar to this?
I couldn't get the doc to open

I sew them (one at a time) on to a 3/8 inch strip of ribbon (I forget how long) as a "base", and then clue the base ribbon onto either an unlined alligator or unlined french clip depending how big my bow is. The base ribbon then becomes the lining for the clip. After I glue my base ribbon and bow onto the clip I usually add a few drops of glue onto the top of the clip and glue the bottom strips down to the clip, to make it less floppy. Then I spray with starch (I starch and iron my fabric before I cut it into strips also) fluff a bit, and hang upside down to dry.

I like to use French clips for the big ones and alligators for the piggies. In my area moms much prefer alligators for everything no matter how big the bow is In my opinion the big bows stay put better on a French clip- but French clips don't sell very well here.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 11-28-2010, 04:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraseeAnn View Post
I couldn't get the doc to open

I sew them (one at a time) on to a 3/8 inch strip of ribbon (I forget how long) as a "base", and then clue the base ribbon onto either an unlined alligator or unlined french clip depending how big my bow is. The base ribbon then becomes the lining for the clip. After I glue my base ribbon and bow onto the clip I usually add a few drops of glue onto the top of the clip and glue the bottom strips down to the clip, to make it less floppy. Then I spray with starch (I starch and iron my fabric before I cut it into strips also) fluff a bit, and hang upside down to dry.

I like to use French clips for the big ones and alligators for the piggies. In my area moms much prefer alligators for everything no matter how big the bow is In my opinion the big bows stay put better on a French clip- but French clips don't sell very well here.
Sorry the link didn't work for you (I just tried and it seemed to be ok). It's a pdf file showing how to make a Poofy Pom Pom Bow.. but it's not like what you described.

For some reason I can't picture how you make your bow. If you could share some pics, I'd love to see them
Old 11-30-2010, 01:10

Maxine what do you do differently than the paid tut? I'm so curious about this 80's way of doing things lol
Old 11-30-2010, 01:18

Love your bows.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLTBowsetc View Post
Maxine what do you do differently than the paid tut? I'm so curious about this 80's way of doing things lol
I don't think we can talk about the paid tut, so I can't really tell you what I do differently.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by threekscrations View Post
Love your bows.
Thanks so much hon ~ I appreciate that
Old 11-30-2010, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
I don't think we can talk about the paid tut, so I can't really tell you what I do differently.
Oh yeah lol I forgot O.o
Old 11-30-2010, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLTBowsetc View Post
Oh yeah lol I forgot O.o
No worries (hug)
Old 01-13-2011, 02:23

I LOVE these!!! But Im curious, I seen these made by someone with ribbon, are they the same bows? and I've been searching to see if anyone has a tut on here for the ribbon ones. I saw an add on here for the "Raggies bows" so I just searched that now and came across this, does anyone know how to make the with ribbon? I've seen a couple tuts on etsy but they aren't poofy, they are flat.... i want them more like these where piece are standing up lol
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24

Hi - I'm new to this page. I live in Australia and would love to make some of these for my daughters. Unfortunately the links to buy the PDF won't post to Australia. Anyone got any ideas where I might be able to get a pattern to make these
Sponsored Links